Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Aug 2012, 12:14 (Ref:3126319)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Baltimore

Here we go again, its been 2 weeks so its time for another ALMS race! This one is on the streets of Baltimore. It provided good racing last year, and there have only been modest track modifications since last year, so I expect another good race.

Schedule

Entry List

Timing & Scoring

ESPN3 Video

ALMS Video

Track Map

Spotters Guide

Weather

World Times

Last edited by joeb; 30 Aug 2012 at 16:39.
Old 28 Aug 2012, 12:25 (Ref:3126324)   #2
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hm... We wouldn't mind a little bit more rain in that forecast.
Old 28 Aug 2012, 14:09 (Ref:3126357)   #3
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Live TV coverage

The Race will also be shown LIVE on Motors TV and Motors TV UK: 19:45/18:45

Old 28 Aug 2012, 14:12 (Ref:3126358)   #4
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten66 View Post
Live TV coverage

Who wants to watch it live on MotorsTV when you can watch a tiny laptop screen with pictures moving every 20 minutes and audio quality out of the 1940's like I'll have to do?

Honestly, if the International stream screws up again, as much as I love the series I'm just not bothering with it for the rest of the year. 3 screw-ups straight in over a month is unacceptable, There's plenty more to watch.
Old 31 Aug 2012, 21:21 (Ref:3128032)   #5
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Live TV coverage

Already I was wondering but Motors TV fixed the time now correctly:

LIVE on Motors TV and Motors TV UK: 22:15 / 21:15

Old 1 Sep 2012, 18:34 (Ref:3128341)   #6
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Already I was wondering but Motors TV fixed the time now correctly:

LIVE on Motors TV and Motors TV UK: 22:15 / 21:15

Ah, I was wondering why MotorsTV kept showing Best of Crash and V8 SuperCar replays when the ALMS coverage was supposed to start. That explains it, thanks
Old 1 Sep 2012, 19:46 (Ref:3128417)   #7
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
Ah, I was wondering why MotorsTV kept showing Best of Crash and V8 SuperCar replays when the ALMS coverage was supposed to start. That explains it, thanks
Hope the livestream works this time...
Old 28 Aug 2012, 14:16 (Ref:3126360)   #8
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkenALMS View Post
Hm... We wouldn't mind a little bit more rain in that forecast.
Maryland's "finest" roads will probably have the same grip levels as a monsoon on an actual racetrack, you still have a chance of winning just like last year. If you guys raced on Belle Isle you'd win by about 10 laps.
Old 28 Aug 2012, 17:42 (Ref:3126440)   #9
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Maryland's "finest" roads will probably have the same grip levels as a monsoon on an actual racetrack, you still have a chance of winning just like last year. If you guys raced on Belle Isle you'd win by about 10 laps.
Wouldn't that be a show! This year, we'll have the new generation of the 2011 tire we raced with at Baltimore last year, so even in the dry, we're feeling confident about our chances for a strong finish!
Old 28 Aug 2012, 22:26 (Ref:3126600)   #10
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkenALMS View Post
Wouldn't that be a show! This year, we'll have the new generation of the 2011 tire we raced with at Baltimore last year, so even in the dry, we're feeling confident about our chances for a strong finish!
Best of luck to the team!

Chris
Old 28 Aug 2012, 23:56 (Ref:3126627)   #11
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
one of my favorite street circuits
Old 29 Aug 2012, 00:58 (Ref:3126638)   #12
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to it, my first Baltimore race volunteering
Old 29 Aug 2012, 03:21 (Ref:3126676)   #13
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For anyone in town, ESM / Patron is setting their cars out on High Street in historic Little Italy tomorrow from 6-9, should be pretty cool.

Best of luck to Falken of course, you guys remain my favorite team in the series. Back to back in Baltimore?

@TrueBlue - what corner are you working?
Old 29 Aug 2012, 04:41 (Ref:3126693)   #14
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
@TrueBlue - what corner are you working?
Haven't heard anything about assignments, I'm assuming it will be a different corner every day. Guess we'll find out at the morning briefing.

I'm staying about two miles from the track, according to street view street parking has 2 hour limit unless you have a resident permit. Where's a cheap place to park north of the track?
Old 29 Aug 2012, 12:45 (Ref:3126889)   #15
wheelz22
Racer

United States
NJ
wheelz22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
one of my favorite street circuits
I didn't care for it last year, but at least they've removed that silly home-made lump of asphalt they called a chicane. That thing was hideous. It was a splitter destroyer.

As an aside...it's nice that Junkie will be doing double duty. He gets to race with some old friends on Sunday as well. He's happy about that. Good for him.
Old 29 Aug 2012, 15:18 (Ref:3126959)   #16
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
SHOCK HORROR! Level 5 to field two cars, and Scott Tucker is NOT, I repeat, NOT driving in both cars! https://twitter.com/johndagys/status/240830356603928576
Old 29 Aug 2012, 15:22 (Ref:3126961)   #17
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
According to that tweet Tucker is not driving in the #95 car. However, that means that he will still be in the #055 with Bouchut
Old 29 Aug 2012, 15:24 (Ref:3126964)   #18
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
According to that tweet Tucker is not driving in the #95 car. However, that means that he will still be in the #055 with Bouchut
That's exactly what I meant. So far he's been entered in both cars EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. And now he's not! He's just entered in one. If he weren't in either the 055 or the 95, I would have said it "not driving either car". :P
Old 29 Aug 2012, 16:08 (Ref:3126980)   #19
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
two out of the three times I saw him fielding two cars, getting qualified in both, he only raced one in the actual race... lets hope both cars actually stick around this time
Old 29 Aug 2012, 16:28 (Ref:3126991)   #20
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ricardo Gonzalez and Luis Diaz on the other Level 5 car. Two very fast Mexicans there.
Old 29 Aug 2012, 16:54 (Ref:3127002)   #21
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
That's exactly what I meant. So far he's been entered in both cars EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. And now he's not! He's just entered in one. If he weren't in either the 055 or the 95, I would have said it "not driving either car". :P
We got the Belgian's and Romanian's teaching each other how to write English in this thread ..... this should be good
Old 29 Aug 2012, 17:00 (Ref:3127003)   #22
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
We got the Belgian's and Romanian's teaching each other how to write English in this thread ..... this should be good
Says an Austrian.

Old 29 Aug 2012, 18:33 (Ref:3127035)   #23
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Wheelz22, yes, I'm VERY glad the chicane is gone also. In addition, that left/right complex, Turns 5/6, has been moved down to immediately before Turn 7. So, that whole sequence of turns will come up right before they go by the pit lane, which means we get another decent straightaway out of the reconfiguration (the run from Turn 4 to the relocated Turn 5).

The racing should be better with these changes, and I think pole times could drop by 7-10 seconds due to the circuit changes and car development since last year.
Old 30 Aug 2012, 05:49 (Ref:3127204)   #24
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
The Ten-Tenths supported Baltimore GP ALMS Spotter Guide is now available to download!!!

(note: an earlier version is printed in the official program)

Available at ---> http://www.spotterguides.com/2012-almswec/
Old 30 Aug 2012, 13:35 (Ref:3127386)   #25
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
The Ten-Tenths supported Baltimore GP ALMS Spotter Guide is now available to download!!!

(note: an earlier version is printed in the official program)

Available at ---> http://www.spotterguides.com/2012-almswec/
as usual, thank you!