Other - specify 6 8.22%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 May 2004, 15:29 (Ref:981439)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Monaco - Driver of the race

Real simple one here, infact, I'm only going to post 2 choices (if enough people want another name I will add it)

Trulli
Button

I could give a vote to either.
Old 24 May 2004, 15:33 (Ref:981445)   #2
bulldogspirit
Racer

United Kingdom
London, England
bulldogspirit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trulli - perfect weekend and proved a lot of people, including myself, wrong.
Old 24 May 2004, 15:34 (Ref:981447)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Wrex, don't you ever sleep?

Gotta be Jarno, first pole, first win, simple!
Old 24 May 2004, 15:40 (Ref:981453)   #4
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My vote goes to Montoya.
Old 24 May 2004, 15:44 (Ref:981459)   #5
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Its a difficult question... Both Button and Trulli were the best drivers in the race. I would vote them both but you cant really do that.. Hence I have chosen Jenson Button. BAR was simply not upto the Renaults and the Ferraris during the entire qualifying and race sessions and I, for one, was honestly quite surprised to see Button dominate MS during qualifying and then during the race as well. He drove a fabulous qualifying lap to beat MS first and then dominated him during the race. Hadnt it been for DaMatta to block him for all those laps, I believe he would've won the race.. Button was the driver of the race.
Old 24 May 2004, 16:22 (Ref:981495)   #6
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll give it to Jenson - with Trulli a very close second
Old 24 May 2004, 16:29 (Ref:981503)   #7
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely no contest, Trulli by a country mile.
Old 24 May 2004, 16:37 (Ref:981514)   #8
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with Damon, I don't see how it could be anyone but Trulli. I don't understand a vote for Button at Monaco... Had da Matta not been there, it just would have meant Button was closer to Trulli for longer, but Button wouldn't have gotten past into P1. The BAR was more or less on par with Ferrari and Renault in qualifying and the race as shown by Sato's pace, so he started second and finished second, but probably would've finished 3rd had Alonso not tossed it in the armco. Nothing special.
Old 24 May 2004, 16:46 (Ref:981522)   #9
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to go with Jarno. It was a flawless performance, the kind of day that we believed he's have when he first appeared in '97.

Button was terrific, but unless Jarno made a mistake, the lad was never going to see the top step.
Old 24 May 2004, 17:08 (Ref:981549)   #10
nameless
Racer

nameless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it would be difficult to vote anyone other than trulli, he qualified on pole by 4 tenths, he led from start to finish, only schumacher set a faster race lap. button did put in an excellent performance but i dont think the da matta thing is relevant as he only closed in at the end due to luck with traffic so it cancels out in the end.
Old 24 May 2004, 17:11 (Ref:981555)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Red
My vote goes to Montoya.
Well he did have a couple of good overtaking manoeuvres. More than anyone else! Although his attempt on MS wasn't that successful. So I would have to give it to Michael for his strong defence in the tunnel

Seriously, my vote goes to Trulli. From his pole to his lapping of that Minardi on the last lap. Superb.
Old 24 May 2004, 17:18 (Ref:981562)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What......no Fisichella option?

Has to be Trulli doesn't it? Simply awesome. I'm watching his qualifying lap again just now actually......just perfection. he didn't give the barriers an inch, particularly at the chicane after the tunnel. The race was won here really, but he went on and drove a brilliant race anyways.

The boy can race!
Old 24 May 2004, 17:22 (Ref:981566)   #13
santori
Racer

santori should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trulli, I am very glad to say.
Old 24 May 2004, 17:31 (Ref:981578)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
What......no Fisichella option?
Well he absolutely flew didn't he?

As much as I think Button played a magnificent game we can't take anything away from Trulli. Perfect weekend.
Old 24 May 2004, 18:22 (Ref:981652)   #15
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My vote goes to Trulli. A truely amazing pole lap in qualifying and a fantastic drive on race day. As we seen during the race it was one thing after another but Trulli kept a cool head.

Last edited by pole2pole; 24 May 2004 at 18:25.
Old 24 May 2004, 18:28 (Ref:981664)   #16
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wrex, tehre have to be 3 options, because a point towards the overall poll is awarded to the third-most-popular choice.

In any case, my choice would be Webber, who did everything he could with a car that just wouldn't work, and very little test time. Plus, he was so polite and good-humoured after the car let go, despite what he'd missed out on.
Old 24 May 2004, 18:34 (Ref:981670)   #17
Hungary 89
Racer

England
Midlands (England)
Hungary 89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHungary 89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My patriotic streak wants to say Button but the correct answer is Trulli Pole, Leads pretty much all the race and Wins it's hard to argue with that
Old 24 May 2004, 18:36 (Ref:981674)   #18
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I vote barrichello.

His qualifying session was terrible and he got a awful grid slot. His start wasn't too great either but in the race he kept out of trouble and drove a solid race and his reward was 3rd place.

hats of to trulli thou, it was a super drive by the guy. I did like his press conference when he switched to smug mode and said "Jenson didn't catch me, i slowed down"...Magic!
Old 24 May 2004, 19:18 (Ref:981737)   #19
nameless
Racer

nameless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
alonso should get a mention, anyone who can gesticulate at ralf whilst heading backwards into a wall deserves some credit.
Old 24 May 2004, 19:28 (Ref:981751)   #20
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Trulli. Incredible.
Old 24 May 2004, 19:51 (Ref:981783)   #21
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Trulli... the perfect weekend!!!

hatrs of to Jense for trying but really with the form Jarno was in no way could he have passed him...
Old 24 May 2004, 20:18 (Ref:981802)   #22
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trulli, for a perfect race and for his evident delight in the press conference afterward.

And a note to Rubens: did you have to sit there looking like somebody just shot your dog? Yes, you sold out for nothing, but be a man about it.
Old 24 May 2004, 20:41 (Ref:981813)   #23
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As good as Trulli was, he had what looked like the best car. In the middle of the race I thought M Schumacher was simply awesome, quite amazing.
So M Schumacher for me.
Separate thread - Ferrari, why Barrichello. So often when MS needs some a good No 2 to ride shotgun, where is Rubens? Where was he in qualifying? Poor show IMHO.
Old 24 May 2004, 21:29 (Ref:981868)   #24
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Trulli ... perfect weekend.
Button ... so close. Made it an exciting race till the end.
Montoya ... the only one to overtake on the track?

Trulli deserves my vote this time.
Old 24 May 2004, 21:53 (Ref:981905)   #25
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trulli wins.
JPM comes second for showing you can pass another driver at Monarco.
Webber for showing drivers also know how to put out a fire.

The Grumpy1