Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12 Jun 2005, 15:18 (Ref:1326375)   #1
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
'Rossi: greater (pro-rata) than Schumacher.'

Those who were fortunate enough to desert their lives for TV again today may have seen another staggering MotoGP from Spain, where after the most furiously fought opening 5 laps I have ever witnessed, in front of 106,000 ostensibly Spanish fans, Rossi (Italian) beat Gibenau (Spanish) in the greatest final 3 lap's worth of 10th/10ths stuff you could ever believe - to win cleanly this time.
The Eurosport commentary team came up with this quote near the start, that Rossi was perhaps greater as a rider compared to his fantastic opposition, than Schumacher a driver in F1. It's a moot point, but I tell you, they have a point.
Come to that, I think currently MotoGP provides
better racing than F1
better pit girls than F1
better commentary teams than F1
more intensity and pure racing than F1
more knife edge oversteer than F1
etc etc ???
No one's knocking anything in this comparison but there are some interesting lessons both ways I think, and incredible race techniques to examin. If we have indeed been lucky to watch one of the greatest ever in Schumacher in F1 in recent seasons, so we are incredibly fortunate to witness Rossi at his zenith maybe.
No doubt in a few minutes time, we'll have a blinder of a F1GP from Montreal ... cups runneth over.