Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18 Apr 2006, 13:26 (Ref:1587658)   #1
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Condition of the GP track at Brands on 15th April

Picking up on a comment by Zeferelly on the 'Rubbing' thread and not wishing to hijack that thread, does anyone who raced on Saturday have any comments on the poor condition of the GP section of the race circuit. We in the BARCse Saloons were first out and though dry many went off in practice and I understand request were made to clean the surface but were rejected on the premise of a hose pipe ban(???).

Apparently the muck on the track had been left by contractors vehicles and it was indeed very dusty which turned to mud in the afternoon. It was also mentioned that the organisers were not happy with the situation and had lodged a complaint but I do not know if there is any substance to this story.

I think as a racer paying a fair sum of money to compete on the track we should be entitailed to at least experience it in reasonable conditon as apparently even very experienced drives fell foul of the conditions and came off when they would normally (one assumes) be well within their boundaries.

Hose pipe ban or not when something becomes possibly dangerous surely that would not be enforced, if someone had a nasty one because of the conditions I wonder what the legal ramifications would have been.