Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23 May 2006, 08:01 (Ref:1616869)   #1
MickAU
Racer

MickAU has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Blocking rule + tyres + merger

Just watched the Monterrey race and gotta say I don't like the blocking rule.

I saw the Houston race last weekend and thought I'd live with it, but if you have a situation where a racing driver (in this case Junqueira) consciously thinks he's blocked, then willingly gives up a position and THEN gets penalised - it's a joke!

A driver is paid to fight on track not be gentlemanly!! It was as though Junqueira was in peak hour traffic - "after you old chap" when he let PT (?) through.

There seems to be such a fine line too, it comes down to interpretation. Under the way it was presented, Legge deserved the penalty, but I wouldn't have called that a block per se (and you can't tell me Ryan Briscoe wouldn't have done a better job!!)

The tyres with the red and black sidewalls I really like. It gives another element to watching the race on TV knowing what compound the drivers are using. It would be great if the producers could introduce a better way of knowing when someone is on the Push to Pass, like A1GP for example.

The TV coverage we are getting here in Oz is ok. The young Atlantic guy backing up Jeremy Shaw is very good; but would still like the live American commentary with the crosses to the pits etc.

I hope they drop a 'bombshell' at Indy this wknd as predicted. I would love to see the Champ Car chassis' retained as the chassis for the class and as for engine, if Honda are willing to throw their weight behind it, then go for it, it would, however, bring into question the future of Cosworth unless Red Bull were to buy them out.