Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5 Jun 2006, 00:38 (Ref:1627234)   #1
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A six year old's view of Winton

It’s amazing the thoughts that come out of the mouth of kids! I took my 6 year old to Winton yesterday and he came out with some pearlers….

“Who’s winning Dad?”
Now I have to say that as a spectator at the track, reverse grid races are a pile of pus! I’ve seen a race or ten in my time and feel I can follow most on track action but I found race one yesterday very hard to follow. Trying to work out the net positions (and therefore the grid spots for race three) was almost impossible...
And so Jason Richards won. Big deal. With his pace (and Marcus Marshall shepherding the rest of the field for ages) that was hardly a surprise. Yes he drove well (and fast) but YAAAAWWWWNNNNNNN. We had a great spot at the rollover just near Penrite and that race was dullsville.
Race three was much better but led to

“Why don’t they pass each other Dad?”

“When’s the next race Dad?”
Big gaps in the program make for a long day with kids. There was a 40 minute gap between races at one stage yesterday.

"What is the Course Car doing?”
How many laps does that thing do? Remimded me of that old Billy Birmingham sketch with those fn cars going round and round AND ROUND………..

Now for the good stuff!
Winton was a picture yesterday.
All the merchandise trucks were on the old Oval with gravel laid down in between. Stopped us seeing some of the main straight from over at Penrite but still better than walking all the way around to the back of BP…
Grandstands! Had a mate in the stand near the old control tower and he was very impressed with the view! The stand in the cleavage was pretty empty though..
Traffic control and carpark management A1!
Good supports, Lotus, Fford, Hystericals, and HQ’s. Missed the Aussie Racing Cars
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19