Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21 Mar 2007, 18:18 (Ref:1873203)   #11
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Bob if a team is an GM approved team to run corvettes, yes that team can have a specail contract with Katech (IIRC) for current engine package as well.

The LS7r is a special engine, about $125,000 each. Used and rebuilt C5R engines are in the neiborhood of $85,000 each

Both companies do a lot of speicalty work for other customers.

-----
Customers are one thing, factory is another.
The best any privateer can get, is last years and that only if the factory has better newer this year.

I am sure Katech is like other top engine builder for anythng but base comp. crate engines the price is, POR.
If an engine has a base price, it is a base where the buyer does the development, if more is desired, otherwise, they do not give prices as time and parts are money, and if you want the bestest, you pay for more time and parts.
Ask the Chevy team.

I believe one of the earlier posts, in one of the threads, listed who is doing the engines for the Euro top team, and it was not Katech.
Surel Chevy and Katech want to ship off their top gearl so a Euro, or US engine builder can look it over and copy it.
That would be a first in the history of road racing.

When I used wander the paddocks, I heard things that were never printed, could not be, or you do not hear them, but it is amazing what lies beneath the rumor pool.

Let's see what was the name of that Corvette team Menards sponsored?
I mean they were so happy with how they were treated....