Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10 May 2007, 09:18 (Ref:1910174)   #11
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by petestenning
Hi Gregor,

Do you know where Martin lives now ?

His Group 1 Camaro was sold to Gerry Marshall it had one of Stuart Mathwells engines in it, The one with the welded block that we knew nothing about till a Silverstone round when we had smoke billowing from one bank of cylinders. When we removed the heads we found a weld had been blown out of the block.

The engine was returned to Mathwells and on its return was fitted back and the vehicle sold on.

I then believe that the cars engine let go again with Gerry at the wheel, due to the block being welded up again.

But memory could be playing tricks.

Pete
Yes he lives near Gamlingay and is very invloved with Gerry Johnstone, hence why I know!! I could pm you numbers if you need them. I never really knew Martin that well and have now had the chance to speak to him about the Camaros, Dolomites, Rovers that he raced and a few other bits too.

Off the top of my head I can't remember too much about the Camaro Dad had and to be honest the only information I have is what Dad wrote at the time, as he never really mentioned it, it was one of many cars he drove/owned!!