Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21 Jul 2009, 10:52 (Ref:2505363)   #23
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lam Pak View Post
i dunno wy my post was cut off. i just want justice. the most extreme of the things you cant say would be very shocking to most readers. its time to f2 and fia think in safety. too much in papers and pressreleases and reality is what we see. cars are crashing and wheels go off very easy. karajelanen is correct. somethin is worng. i never see this in f3 or formual renault losing wheels like this. tell i am wrong and simple sign test could determine if this is true or false.we ourselves are evolving.
Lam Pak, you're obviously quite passionate about this, but nothing is to be gained by throwing around blame. Particularly if there isn't actually anyone to blame.

Motorsport is dangerous. Everything that can be done is done to make it as safe as possible, but the simple fact of the matter is, sometimes things go wrong.

Drivers choose which series they race in. They know their cars and they know the risks. They always have the choice to move to a different racing class or simply walk away from the sport if they feel that it's not safe enough.

The only way to ensure you don't get hurt in motorsport is not to be there.

When something as terrible as this happens, the first impulse is always to find someone to blame, but there's nothing to indicate that there was any blatent negligence here. The drivers all knew their cars, knew what safety features were on those cars and chose to race in them with that full knowledge. They weren't lied to, no-one forced them into the car. Ultimately, it is always and only their decision whether or not it is safe for them to race.

It's a hard truth to deal with, particularly with events as tragic as this, but it doesn't change anything.