Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17 Dec 2009, 14:59 (Ref:2601341)   #1
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Decisions decisions...

Hello everyone,

In the next few months i will be coming into a nice bit of money, so much so that i have taken the decision to use this money and to sell my current car (Pug 106), to buy something new and crucially, something that will feed my insatiable need for speed some more.

I have a budget of £4,000-£5,000, insurance is not a problem, mainly im looking for advice, previous experience etc, things along these lines:

So far ive looked at a pretty eclectic mix of cars, ranging from an old range rover to a lotus elise, BMW 5 series, however, ive whittled it down to a few cars that im going to decide between. So, could anyone offer advice, experience on these cars? in particular reliability and running costs, this is a car that im going to be keeping hold of for at least 3 or 4 years, the cars are:

Renault Clio 172/182.
Subaru Impreza WRX (unmolested of course).
Honda Integra type R.
Honda Civic type R.
Seat Leon Cupra (180bhp, 225bhp model is out of price range unfortunately).
BMW 325 E46.

So far im keenest on the Impreza as it offers as an all round package the best value for money, however, im worried about running costs and reliability in the back of my mind. The clio is attractive because of its price, but my brother has had a clio 172 for 6 years, and its leaking oil, the electrics are chronic and its nuking cat's and silencers something terrible.
The Integra's seem to be a bit on the old side for the money, and i would only buy one in black (sod's law there are hardly any black one's).
The Civic is a cracker, parents have had one since new in 2004 and its never skipped a beat, however, it costs a lot on insurance.
The beemer im worried about running costs and servicing.
The Seat is the unknown quantity, ive heard good things but i would like to hear what they are like.

Thanks.