Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30 Mar 2010, 07:38 (Ref:2663260)   #1
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Classic Touring Car Racing season opener Cadwell 3rd April

We have our first race of the season this weekend at Cadwell Park lets hope for a good un!

I have both my 2nd gen and 3rd gen Camaros on the button sitting in my workshop and ready to race a first for me!

I have opted to take the 3rd gen IROC-Z on this occassion in the Pre-93 Touring Cars as I have built a new engine for it and am anxious to take her back out again after loosing an engine in the car at the first race last year, lets hope for better things this year. Also the control tyre for the championship this car runs in is the Toyo 888 medium compound which suits the car well especially as rain is forecast. I have to run Historic Dunlops on the 2nd gen car and they are just scary in the wet especially with the very cammy engine, big carb and manifolds I have in that car. This car has smaller exhaust manifolds and carb and a less wild cam so will be more drivable around this undulating track in the wet than the 2nd gen. Also years ago I tried to race this car here but lost a wheel in qually and was bumped to the back of the reserves so never got to race so I owe it one. I hope to have the older car out in Post Historics at the following Silverstone round later in the month.

Anyone going please come over and say hello.