Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27 Jun 2011, 15:10 (Ref:2906875)   #1
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Whats the point of Motors TV televising races with single figure entries?

I was flicking through channels and came across Aston martin Owners Club live broadcast from Donington on Motors TV. I thought great I will have a bit of this and was amazed and disappointed to see the size of the grids sometimes as low as seven!!! So just what is the point of this?

It surely does AOC no good at all and is poor viewing for Motors TV reflected by the lack of adverising revenue and does Historic Motorsport or any Motorsport for that matter no good either.

Now I know Motors TV want paying to broadcast, I think CTCRC were quoted £5k and that was for a canned broadcast and not live and had to opt out but there was cracking viewing to be seen that would have made great TV so obviously AOC were paying handsomely for this. But what on earth is the point and how sort sighted of Motors TV to only broadcast those that are prepared to pay however poorly subscribed the grids are. I believe if they keep up this policy they will be the next channel to go under.