Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14 Aug 2011, 21:38 (Ref:2939661)   #10
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a fantastic event - an amazing and varied range of cars both on and off track and a really laid back atmosphere. Has to be one of the most underated events in the calendar I reckon. Great atmosphere in the paddock on Saturday evening.

As for my racing - I was in the Equipe GTS races. Saturday dawned very damp. I'm not keen on the wet and the Grantura certainly isn't the best car on a wet track. Qualified a lowly 22nd. From then on the sun shone! Race one I managed to cut through the traffic to 9th. Race 2 was gridded on results of race one so started 9th and made it to 5th. Some great battles going on throughout the field. Last race had a somewhat reduced grid which was a shame but I managed to get a win. Really hard work with a 25 minute battle with Ian Prior's MGB with never more than a couple of cars lengths between us at best. Ian tried every way to get past and the concentration needed to not make any mistakes was unbelievable.

To add to the flavour, I was in a garage with a personable young chap called Jonathan Abecassis. Of course I had to ask and yes he is the grandson of the racer, war hero and founder of HWM. It sort of summed up the whole history behind the BDC meeting and the particular natura of the event.

Can'twait for next year!