Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5 Jan 2012, 23:37 (Ref:3007947)   #10
Abbie44
Rookie

United Kingdom
East Riding of Yorkshire
Abbie44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher View Post
If you know of some talented females including yourself as you claim, name them so we can keep an eye on their progress or lack of it as the case may be?
Sure, Alice Powell and Louise Richardson are two drivers who I feel have the drive and born talent to achieve highly. There are others out there who are doing better with each race and are racing at a good level however in my opinion do not have the natural ability to achieve in such high standards of competition. But that's just my opinion and I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong!

Also as well as the whole percentage of females/males explanation I think that big companies and sponsorship deals are too scared or weary to invest all their money into a woman and support them to the top. As has been proven in this very thread that there are some males out there who still have a sexist opinion on females in motorsport etc. If the deal doesn't go to plan and the female does not prove herself then they are just in for the "I told you so" remark, which would make them seem foolish.