Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2 Mar 2013, 01:52 (Ref:3213001)   #1
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Xpunk75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would the Indycar Series be healthier without Penske, Andretti, and Gannasi?

First off I want to say I’m just playing devil’s advocate here and that I respect all three teams and owners because they know how to win, do everything it takes to win, and know how to setup their cars for the Oval and Road Courses better than anyone else in the series.

However I believe that these three teams may be holding the series back from growing due to their political power over the IRL management and their sheer dominance of almost every race. At this point I fail to see what these teams even gain by racing the entire season other than Indy besides the winner purses from each race. It’s like having 3 Great White Sharks in a tank of filled fat docile seals….it’s not contest.

Last season was probably the best racing we had in years because the car was new and all the teams were still coming to terms with that disaster. However I see things going back to the way they were before this season with the Big 3 dominating once again due to the spec series cars being identical to last season and they just being better at everything they do and having more money to do it with.

What are your thoughts 10 Tenths?