Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16 Apr 2013, 19:18 (Ref:3235448)   #1
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Getting FIA papers for a Maserati Ghibli?

Hi all.

I know some of you chaps on here will know more about this than I do - I have very limited experience in applying for FIA papers, and it was a long time ago.

The thing is, someone's asked me about the possibility of obtaining papers for a Maserati Ghibli. The car is already a racecar, but obviously doesn't currently have FIA papers, so I don't know where, or when, it may have been raced.

Am I correct in thinking that evidence of the model (not the actual car) having raced internationally in period must be produced before the FIA will consider the application?

If that's the case, then you can guess my next question: with all the collective knowledge on here, one of you must be able to tell me if the Ghibli was ever raced in period at the required level - and if so, where I might find the evidence that would satisfy the FIA?

Thanks in advance and all the usual grovelling! Any input appreciated.