Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21 Nov 2013, 23:53 (Ref:3334992)   #10
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
I always liked Shaw, but I wasn't impressed by what he did in the recent ALMS broadcasts. Maybe he just didn't get along with Creamer very well, but whatever the reason, most of the time I wished they'd get someone else.
Shaw's strength is that he provides an independent and direct commentary regardless of whom he is sitting beside. Unlike, say, Cole who gets completely dragged off course if his co-commentator is too giddy. Haven is a good commentator but he can get very giddy. Kirby is a complete calamity in that respect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Funnily enough, my impression of Hindhaugh is that that's exactly what he doesn't do. I thought about this while watching the Shanghai WEC race, and was very happy that compared to many other pundits (especially on American TV), he doesn't constantly tell you how exciting the battle for seventh in the slowest class is and how awesome the series is because of it. Yes, he sometimes gets excited, but that's because he genuinely is excited about something, and that doesn't bother me.
That Shanghai race was completely under the safety car and no commentator is going to lavish praise on a race completely under a safety car. There's no question of the man's sincerity, but it's often people who are too enthusiastic about their subject matter who grate and Hindhaugh is far too aggressive in the praise he heaps upon the action when there is action in comparison to say Addison's who is very proportionate. American commentary is geared towards selling, selling, selling, it's 'infomercial' style, it won't change and yes, American commentary is miles more condescending than anything you'll get, well, from Britain, anyway.