Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2 Jun 2014, 19:48 (Ref:3414453)   #11
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Which is more petulant/childish/pouty? Being grumpy after losing a race in a season where every single point is going to count, or cheating to win the race in the first place?

Get some balance.
Cheating to win the race? Are you talking about Lewis turning his engine up in Spain to beat a team mate he couldn't deal with otherwise? I wouldn't really call it "cheating" but I guess it was unsportsmanlike.

Or are you talking about the mistake made in Monaco Q? It would need to be deliberate to be "cheating" and in any case was not to win a race but to come out on top in Q. Come the race, it was clear that Nico had better pace than Lewis (even before LH had something in his eye) so the Q "cheat" doesn't seem particularly relevant. I'm with most though, looked like a genuine mistake to me.

Nothing wrong with being grumpy at losing a race but much of the LH petulance was before the race (talking about upbringing & then the reaction to the Q mistake). After the race, I can understand grumpy as they all want to win but when your team mate has driven away from you through the race in the same car, it would be the mark of a grown up to congratulate them on a job well done.

Nothing wrong with my balance thanks mate!