Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26 Jun 2014, 10:11 (Ref:3426686)   #11
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Read an article by Mr Ryder the other day that was total rubbish on soup.net.

He stated that in his eyes the 2000 season when loads of differnet people won was one of the worst according to several seasoned hacks.

To me, 2000 was the best I ever saw as it was so unpredictable, you had Biaggi, Mccoy, Roberts, Barros Loris, Abe all winning and up there, what could be bad. And Rossi learning too, near wins for Aprilia. Awesome.

He said and those hacks prefer a battle between two riders miles out front a la Mick and Alex, Rossi/Biaggi, Rossi/Lorenzo etc.

I see his point in some ways, but think the point he makes is garbage! I have little interest in watching the same bloke win every race, means little to me other than he is an alien, I don't rate him above my heroes like Rainey, Doohan and Lawson coz he rides with a safety net. He is incredible yes, but better than a series when you dont know who is going ton win... cmon Julian you are wide of the mark there son, almost out for a throw in in fact!

"Another veteran paddock person chipped in that the worst 500cc championship in recent years was 2000, a year in which a record eight different riders won races: Roberts Jnr, Rossi, Biaggi, Barros, McCoy, Abe, Capirossi, and Criville. Anyone going to be telling their grandchildren about that season? Thought not. You'll be telling them about how you saw Mick Doohan, Valentino Rossi and Carl Fogarty destroy fields, how you saw Casey Stoner do things with a motorcycle that no-one else before or since has been able to do. What we hope to see is greatness. Yes, it's nice to be entertained as well but when you flick back through the memory banks the champions and their victories are what you find.""