Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9 Jul 2015, 12:22 (Ref:3556978)   #11
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Potentially stupid questions/observations:

- Can the engine rule be spread across the team or is it strictly regulated to one car? i.e. can #7 use the #8's engines?

very likely is forbidden... otherwise it would not make any sense the 5 engine per car rule

- Would Audi even be allowed to enter a 3rd car due to overall grid size cap? Or are we nowhere near that? I thought with the Nissans now full time we'd be right against the 32 car grids.

I guess it's possible, but the third car won't be able to score points for manufacturers cup; the only reason to get a third car is to try to steal some points to porsche (but audi could steal points to it self too)

- Do one off entries score points for various manufacturer championships? I'm not sure how this year played out with the 19 winning LM, but I know last year the highest placed WEC P2 was pretty far down, but still got 1st place points.

As far I know the third manufacturer car can score points for manufacturers cup only at le mans. From to 11th to the last classified are awarded 0.5 point in the overall driver championships, but only for the full season WEC cars!
this year corvette won the GTE-PRO class at le mans but taylor/westbrook/milner or GM corvette racing didn't earn any point because are invisible for the championship! indeed the #71 AF Corse gained 50 points because was the best placed gte-pro car of the full season WEC roster.

a little tribure for my 997th post