Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15 Oct 2015, 12:37 (Ref:3583038)   #10
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Whilst I think the concept is good I would question a few points

a) During the summer break which the teams wanted to enable staff to have breaks
b) Mid-season will teams want to risk damage to cars in a non-championship, mid-season event
c)Costs - budgets are already under strain so this will be extra costs unless of course it is funded by extra income/guest drivers
d) The overall costs of the event, at the moment the teams turn up and do their thing. That is a big difference to a promote that has to hire a circuit and be the underwriter of the event and put an EVENT on in total.
Given points a, b and c, how would you explain the 16 July tyre test which saw '25 drivers completing an incredible 1645 laps of the 2.97-mile layout'?

Alongside this, you will probably find that a lot of teams conducted at least one other test session during the summer break. I'm wondering if this 'festival' is designed to allow an entry fee to be charged at what would effectively be a test day? Tyre tests and car development could be conducted alongside a family-friendly day out.

I was also under the impression that the summer break was initially included to avoid TV clashes with other big sporting events? This potential event would allow ITV to broadcast a highlights package midweek, and still show every racing lap live.