Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23 Oct 2017, 19:36 (Ref:3775953)   #11
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
With paved run-offs, and even paved verges, CAN they run a race and properly officiate track limits without every race becoming something that is decided by the stewards? That is, are races then decided by who gets how many penalties, and when?

Furthermore, if pressed, do the stewards feel that they even humanly CAN adjudicate these things adequately and consistently?
Just Google this... "cota track limits"

You can find all kind of discussion about the difficulty in doing this (your point above) as well as how different series polices it to different levels. To do it to the letter of the rule would be a monumental nightmare. Especially in circuits (such as COTA) in which there are a number of places in which it can be a problem. So they (race official) give in and allow it within reason. Of course this leads to cries of inconsistency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Personally, I think Charlie Whiting made a rod for his own back when he said that they werent going to be policing track limits at this venue (and the same for last year).
Not saying he didn't say something, but can anyone provide more details on what Charlie has said in the past. It is obvious that it can't be as simple as "we will not be policing track limits at this venue" because that it too open ended. If so, then I would just do donuts over the start/finish timing loop and crank out the laps as I skip the entire circuit! The race will be over within minutes!

I generally believe that loose track limits at COTA is typically on how wide you can run on the 'outside' of a turn. Something like this...

(Note: Those are cars running wide after T19. And it was typical behavior at COTA IMSA race in 2015)

Richard

Tags
cota, hartley, red bull, str, usgp