Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25 Dec 2002, 08:50 (Ref:457137)   #1
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Attention VY Holden Owners

Its Christmas for FORD OWners.

If your a VY owner I hope you were given a Fire Extinguisher, Fire Blanket and Life Insurance Policy for Chrissy.

Last Friday I was travelling North, in my trusty Falcon on the Pacific Highway following a brand spanking new Silvery Coloured VY Commodore,complete with trailer load of gear.,suddenly and very unexpectedky there was smoke and flames coming from under the Bonnet of the Commodore. The Vehicle Pulled over, I Pulled up in front of it and ran back calling 000 on the mobile as I went.

The good news is the Middle aged couple, and their 2 teenage children escaped shaken but otherwise unharmed.

Unfortunately the Fire took hold VEEERY Quickly and we could not save anything, not even the trailer. Their Queensland and Christmas Holiday was ruined before it had began. The Commodore had changed from Silver to a charcol colour in just a few minutes. It was a really scary fire.

Fireys that eventually arrived reckoned it was some sort of Electrical fault starting under the car.

The owner told me this was his 5th Commodore and that he had looked at a BA but opted for the Commodore for the Price. (Hey you get what you pay for).

As a Proud Ford Owner, who stood watching Holdens Finest erupt into flames, unable to do anything but grin, I did feel sorry for the owners. But I just couldn't help but pray the same thing happens on track in 2003.

But seriously for Holdens Sake I hope its a one off thing. It wouldnt be good for business.

Last edited by Bluebottle; 27 Dec 2002 at 22:56.