Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25 Sep 2003, 13:24 (Ref:729724)   #1
Archer
Veteran

Archer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Official Silly Season Thread

Well its time to begin! Bathurst is apon us and already sooo much has spred through the rumor mill. Lets make it official, the silly season has begun!

Lets see what we got...

1. TEGA's undying need to have a 32 car grid next year- meaning some people are gonna be squeezed.

2. Brock pulling his name away from PWR- Bright under contract must complete '04 with PWR with or without Brock, but will PWR remain part of Clayton and will Betta stay with PWR if they dont? From there where will Brock go. rumors suggest Triple 8 but are logistically impossible with contracts with Triple 8, Ford and The Rat etc. This also scrubs out Triple 8 becoming a Holden Team. I for one believe Brock will concentrate on AMSF for '04 to reassess his Supercar options for '05.

3. SBR and Winterbottom? Three cars, or two cars? Ambrose and Ingall have been rumored to say they feel the two car / Konica program works well for them and the team and dont want to disturb that. Having said that a Larkham Motorsport alliance has been on the cards too, running Winterbottom and Bargs in SBR built, Larko run, Orrcon BA's (A HRT/KMR set-up).

4. Supercheap and CPR. Bob Thornes money is going walkies and multiple options have come and gone but two remain strong. Supercheap money goes to a CPR third car and Ellery and his licence form an allience with an exisiting Level 1 team. Or, Supercheap stay with the Ellery Falcon and renew deals.
For the first scenario, there are two questions, 1 who will drive the Supercheap CPR car (not Longhurst), 2 what are Ellery's options.

5. Sirromet. Two cars on the cards (but still may not happen), who will drive?

6. What will be of our lesser performing drivers under fire this this year for next year like:Paul Dumbrell, Dean Canto, Max Wilson etc.

7. Team Kiwi Racing has also been linked with various alliences (mainly for its licence) do they have the support and a good enough driver in Baird to survive another year?

8. Landsvale and Noske's deal, will that continue? If not, what of Noske's options? And what are Landsvales options?

9. Toll Racing pulling out? Fact or Fiction?

10. Will Thexton continue next year after the hammering and embaressment he's copped this year?

Well there you have it. I've got the ball rolling, lets keep eachother updated... I'll keep checking my sources if you keep checking yours
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

RIP Peter Brock and Mark Porter