Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Aug 2004, 11:52 (Ref:1053966)   #26
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
we can't argue with Schummy on numbers
i think it's gonna be close ... but i think the better driver is Fisico .. expecially in the race ..

Ciao Marco
Old 2 Aug 2004, 12:20 (Ref:1053990)   #27
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Again, with the doubters... fisi by miles. We shall see him take care of Alonso next year, and then people will be saying, Alonso is young, etc... blah blah...
Old 2 Aug 2004, 12:46 (Ref:1054007)   #28
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Schummy
Do you want to prove a perfectly balanced coin gives more heads than tails, or reverse? Throw it 16 or 17 times, and repeat it several times, you will get 10 heads or 10 tails with relative easy. With 16 races/coins, even if they are exactly equal, you will get, by luck, 10 or more "wins" for one of them 45% of time. And 10-7 is even less decisive.

Just for the sake of curiosity, if one want to be reasonably "sure" that a score is not by fluke, one has to get at very least 12-4 (7.8% to get it by chance) but better 13-3 (2.2% by chance). Against apparent intuition, scores of one driver against other have to be pretty crushing to be significant.
Fair enough, but we have seen repeated attempts at this - season after season Fisichella has outqualified team-mates repeatedly, whereas surely you'd expect others to beat him 10-6 or 10-7 over a single season.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 14:07 (Ref:1054127)   #29
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fissi left Renault because his contract (which had been worked out by several years before) saying that he was to be offered X (bulk) dollars if he finnised the season with Y points.Renault wasn't prepared to pay up and i guess fissi wasn't prepared to renegotiate

Why Trulli is leaving renault is abit of a mystery.Flabio is in the news right now inventing bizzare theories that sacking his fastest driver will somehow make the slower one speed up (i think you lost a whole lot in the translation on that one flav! lol)
He's just inventing stupid stories
I've heard elsewhere that Trulli refused to be managed by Flav anymore so his contract was not extended
That sounds alot closer to the truth....
Old 2 Aug 2004, 14:10 (Ref:1054129)   #30
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But in any case it doesn't matter

I wouldn't have trulli on my team ever
Who wants a driver that won't defend himself on the track??

(and i mean politely,legally.That one where he let micheal back onto the track so he could get passed was mind numbing in it's stupidity)
Old 2 Aug 2004, 14:24 (Ref:1054146)   #31
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Trulli has not been sacked.

He quit because he didn't want to be managed by Flavio any more.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 14:57 (Ref:1054182)   #32
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by RWC
But in any case it doesn't matter

I wouldn't have trulli on my team ever
Who wants a driver that won't defend himself on the track??

(and i mean politely,legally.That one where he let micheal back onto the track so he could get passed was mind numbing in it's stupidity)
Better to have a driver who 'defends himself' by colliding with rival drivers or the barriers, or isn't fast enough to have any result to defend?

Anyway, you've got Hockenheim last year a bit wrong. The outside of the track proved to be faster but riskier - it was going onto that section which caused Michael's puncture. As Jarno knew that the Bridgestones were very marginal, he probably realised that holding station was likely to give him the place back soon enough.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 17:22 (Ref:1054255)   #33
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
Trulli has not been sacked.

He quit because he didn't want to be managed by Flavio any more.
Ive read quite a few articles where team Renault have stated that their decision to let Trulli go was based apparently on the one mistake he made this season in France.. hence i think it was more like Renault saying "Jarno we dont want you anymore"
Old 3 Aug 2004, 10:01 (Ref:1054862)   #34
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me, too.

But, apparently, Flavio Briatore had new reason. Flavio hopes his decision to axe Jarno Trulli will spur on Fernando Alonso.

"Jarno and Fernando are friends. We need competition within the team in order to improve the performance, in order to motivate Alonso, who at 23 is our man for the future," he said.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=30806

Last edited by Led ZeppF1; 3 Aug 2004 at 10:03.