Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 1 Aug 2004, 00:15 (Ref:1052973)   #26
TheMan
Racer

TheMan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The only thing that may save Bayliss is the fact that Caporossi has performed poorly aswell. He has falling this year and may have outqaulified Bayliss all year his performances have been very ordinary. I think that the 2004 Ducati is a heap of junk and Xaus is looking good on an already developed bike which performed very well last season. I expect Abe to go and Tamada to move into the top Honda alongsie Hayden. Who will get Abe`s ride I am not sure of. These are just thoughts and pure speculation based on no facts at all.
Old 1 Aug 2004, 01:32 (Ref:1052998)   #27
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Emma
I would really like to see Max gone too - cos I don't like him.
But make way for DANIEL PEDROSA!!!!!
While i disagree with your views about Max, I have to say that the likely hood of Pedrosa taking over MAx's seat are highly likely, be that in at least 2 more seasons. 2007 Pedrosa on a Pons Honda (spainish team) seems likely.

The guy I would like to see gone is Checa. Say what you like about Max but at least he is (again) in with a title shot (something chalie'chuck'it never has been). Same with Barros, like seriously this guy has the best honda out there??? why??? Its time to go Alex.

Kurtis Roberts, ya doesnt look good for him.

Hopkins seat doesnt look that safe, but Suzuki could do a lot worse then get Bayliss.

Edwards is safe, but hopefully he will start getting more factory support.

marco, hayden, nakano, tomata, rossi, sete, lois, kennyJr, wont be changing.

Xaus should be staying.

Abe is just a fill in rider, we wont see him again unless he is doing just that, or as a wildcard.

Hoffman and hodgeson? thats a hard one, I'm going to say its curtains for one if not both.

I dont see anyone from 250s making the step up at the end of this year

And Finally, this will be Aprilia's last year (with ducati buying them) I cant see how they (or why) can sustain factory presence in the motogp class.
Old 4 Aug 2004, 04:36 (Ref:1055768)   #28
overflow
Racer

overflow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Honda hasn't tied up Chris Vermuelen for 2005 or 2006 as it's factory rider , maybe alongside Pedrosa , then they have lost the plot..IMO
Old 5 Aug 2004, 04:08 (Ref:1056680)   #29
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think that Bayliss is safe because
A) the bike is a (as they say) "Bicks Shot" of a thing, and that Xaus did better at somestages is a testamate to the old bike.
B) He has his crew from 2000 - its like a family.
C) He's a proven quantity with duke.
D) the boss of Ducati said among other things "He has alot of potential" and that the only thing harder than thinking about letting go of troy would be letting go of Cappa, he also outlined points B and C.

If Duke get Aprillia could we see 3 teams? I think duke should get > 2 factory bikes going.
Old 5 Aug 2004, 04:24 (Ref:1056685)   #30
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ahh and annother thing is that there are rumors that Mr Pons might be looking to run German bikes in 2006...
Old 17 Aug 2004, 03:42 (Ref:1068840)   #31
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
The Mystery of the Factory Honda seat next year...

...Xaus?

http://speedtv.com/articles/moto/worldsuperbike/12459/

summary: Ruben has picked up personal sponserships that rule him out of the factory Ducati ride, but as the sponser is Repsol *insert dramatic dot dot dot* ...

Troy's ride could be safe! Woohoo!
Old 17 Aug 2004, 04:30 (Ref:1068855)   #32
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, with all the support for Xaus, does that mean he has stopped crashing??!!
Old 17 Aug 2004, 11:08 (Ref:1069140)   #33
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hodgson should be shown the door
great in wsb but cant cut it here
bettered by xaus everywhere
shame really...
Old 17 Aug 2004, 14:47 (Ref:1069374)   #34
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree that Hodgson probably can't cut it in MotoGP - considering his age and level of experience, I can't see him getting much better, and Ruben has showed much mroe potential. If Troy retires and they lose Ruben, he should probably keep the d'Antin ride, with someone like Fabrizio alongside, and maybe .

None of Ducati's Superbike riders look suited to MotoGP, other than maybe McCoy, but he's disappointed this year and is probably not 100% confident again yet.
Old 18 Aug 2004, 07:16 (Ref:1070162)   #35
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
why doesn't Laconi look suited for MotoGP ?? . he already is a GP winner ..

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Aug 2004, 19:25 (Ref:1071856)   #36
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
McCoy suited to Moto GP, you must be joking. The guy can barely make the top 20 some weeks on a semi factory 999 against three year old bikes. I think the results he got in GP were somewhat freakish to be honest, coz though he is quick I would not put him in the smae class as you Aussies. And as for Laconi getting back in GP, sorry matey you had yer chance and blew it, plus every time you get any pressure in WSB you throw it down the road.
Why is everyoine after Hodge anyway, I agree he is not maybe thriving but he aint doing that bad
Old 20 Aug 2004, 05:15 (Ref:1072272)   #37
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
had his chance .. on a s*** aprilia bike .. and you can't say the Yamaha 500cc bike was anywhere close to the Hondas

probably his not gonna get into MotoGp . but for sure . he is STILL good enough to ride in MotoGp ..

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Aug 2004, 06:36 (Ref:1072309)   #38
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
who are you talking about dani filth (sorry, must be regis )

i think hodgson deserves more of a chance, he is after all only riding an 03 ducati and everyone else (honda, yamaha etc) have improved by over a secong a lap in 04....

as for garry mccoy - i think we have seen the best of him, the last couple of years he could never seem to complete a full season - give ant west a crack

Last edited by gomick; 20 Aug 2004 at 06:39.