Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Jul 2001, 16:15 (Ref:115290)   #26
Total-F1
Veteran

Total-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's dangerous if you don't have the motivation, and McLaren want 2 cars in the hunt - look at the gap to Ferrari already!!

Personally, I think Jacques and Olivier are fading as drivers - you want some young blood in the team, like Heidfeld or Wurz

The rumours probably are speculation, but there's no smoke...
Old 10 Jul 2001, 18:47 (Ref:115349)   #27
Kalevi
Rookie

Finland
Kalevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keke: Mika stays at Maclaren

Mika's manager Keke Rosberg has confirmed today that Mika is driving for Maclaren next season. Keke also confirmed that Olivier Panis is staying at BAR.

Guess we've to start speculating if Mika will retire after season 2002, after winning his third Championship title.
Old 11 Jul 2001, 10:26 (Ref:115548)   #28
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kalevi,

That's the stuff. A new rejuvenated Mika. Cloned from the old model and grown in double quick time.
Old 11 Jul 2001, 15:27 (Ref:115687)   #29
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
QUOTE Originally posted by Total-

Personally, I think Jacques and Olivier are fading as drivers - you want some young blood in the team, like Heidfeld or Wurz

I disagree...The BAR package is not good enough yet..Given a really competitive car Jacques would fly...I am not sure about Olivier he was very quick in The McLaren wasn't he! and he is a very smooth racing driver..
Old 11 Jul 2001, 15:53 (Ref:115697)   #30
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Jersound. Jacques in the McLaren = WDC I rate Olivier very highly as well, and am sure he would do well too, should he ever get the chance. Now that Mika stays, I hope he will have a better year next season, and fight for the WDC. The BAR, I'm afraid, isn't going to be nowhere near fast enough next year either for any of the drivers to stand a chance of winning...
Old 12 Jul 2001, 00:22 (Ref:115931)   #31
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why not McLaren put 3 cars in the field? With that Hakkinen don't need his retirement, and they will put another driver (Wurz, Heidfeld) to training in the team.
Old 12 Jul 2001, 06:02 (Ref:115981)   #32
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3 cars? Don't think Mad Max or Bernie would be happy to see 3 Macs on the grid. So Wurz have to stay a test-driver.

Mac never was a college like Benneton, Ron prefers to sign with experied drivers who can bring home the bacon. Nick will drive for Ron in 1-2 years although he can't guarantee any results. SO they need more experied driver: Panis, Jacques, maybe Truli.
Old 12 Jul 2001, 06:49 (Ref:115991)   #33
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Hi all, new to this forum so this is my first post.

I've read a lot of stories concerning Mika's future, but none contain any words of the man himself so how can anyone possibly know what he is going to do next season.

In France, Mika commented that he is 'looking to the future.' This can be taken in many ways i.e He is staying next year at McLaren, or will be heading off into the sunset.

However, when Mika had his child he said he would retire. Being a new father, Mika cannot stand being away from his son, and this would be playing on his mind. He brings Hugo to all the races at the moment, and this would be a distraction.

Being a massive Mika supporter, I would be sad to see him go, as he is one of the few gentleman races left, but after the awful year he has had, one might think it wise to leave now. Although it would be a shame for such a great career to end like this.

As for who would replace him, although Heidfeld is under contract to Sauber, I think there'd be a clause to get him out. He's German, which would please the Mercedes bosses. He's young, fast, intelligent and gives great technical feedback, which is why he was a McLaren test driver for two years. Most of all, I'd like to see him in a McLaren in the near future as I'm also a big fan of his.
Old 12 Jul 2001, 10:12 (Ref:116049)   #34
Run Free
Racer

Run Free should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
I had also forgotten the Panis Connection, but it's a perfect solution.

Nevertheless, what a slap in the mouth for Jacques if it happens!

Impossible. They're not so stupid! Panis is performing a lot worser than Villeneuve: why should McLaren prefer him? It's a total no-sense rumour, apart from the Rosberg connection
Old 13 Jul 2001, 14:27 (Ref:116607)   #35
bghaw
Rookie

bghaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MIKA WILL STAY AND WIN ONE MORE WDC BEFORE HE HANGS HIS HELMET, but that may be at least 2-3 more years down the road. He is, by the way, ONLY 32 YEARS OLD - same as Shuey who said he will retire at 34 (2004)

Mr. Mika Hakkinen is a WINNER and will always be one, regardless of his track record. I have full confidence that if and when he decides to leave, it will not only be on his own accord, but will be done with great dignity, emotion, and success as well.

GOOOOOO MIIKKKKAAAA!!!!!!!
Old 13 Jul 2001, 14:56 (Ref:116613)   #36
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eddie is supposedly ready to emerge as a superstar according to some people and he is 35 now. It's really all down to motivation at this stage and with Mika, that pretty much means if he has the best car out there, then he will win.
Old 13 Jul 2001, 15:27 (Ref:116625)   #37
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just for the records, but the only time when Schumacher said “retire” was last year but he said something like “I don’t see a good reason as to why I wouldn’t drive until 40”.