Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

View Poll Results: so who's going to win then?
sam bird 0 0%
joey foster 9 29.03%
james jakes 4 12.90%
oliver jarvis 8 25.81%
joe tandy 4 12.90%
duncan tappy 6 19.35%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Dec 2005, 13:23 (Ref:1476276)   #76
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
National Class BF3 is the way to go for Joe. He'd learn about real racing there. But I'm not sure he has tested with anyone yet. Maybe he's just keeping the money for next season. I'd be surprised if he were to win tomorrow night.
Old 4 Dec 2005, 22:55 (Ref:1476994)   #77
GaryM
Rookie

GaryM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any news from tonight???????????????
Old 4 Dec 2005, 23:42 (Ref:1477020)   #78
bumpsteer
Rookie

bumpsteer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Jarvis wins
Old 5 Dec 2005, 00:12 (Ref:1477030)   #79
Gabriel
Rookie

England
Cornwall, England
Gabriel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor Joey
Old 5 Dec 2005, 01:31 (Ref:1477063)   #80
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Olly must have been quickest then
Old 5 Dec 2005, 01:33 (Ref:1477064)   #81
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
I'm really glad for him - Nice lad, lovely family, great stuff for Karl and Deborah, well done!!
Old 5 Dec 2005, 01:34 (Ref:1477065)   #82
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Carl
Old 5 Dec 2005, 03:53 (Ref:1477093)   #83
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jinxx
Olly must have been quickest then
Indeed he was. And having spoken to two of them tonight, he was quickest be quite a considerable amount in all but the DTM car.

Didn't see you tonight Jinxxy, so I guess you must have missed it. Had a chat with Alex though, standing next to him in the queue at the bar.
Old 5 Dec 2005, 09:13 (Ref:1477197)   #84
Emma
Racer

England
Shropshire, UK
Emma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haha, what did I tell you?
I'm now the proud owner of £15.50 (we cut it down £60.50 in the end)

btw, I would have gone yesterday night, but unfortunately I wasn't aloud (got grounded ) but still I was very happy to wake up to see the words 'Javris wins McLaren Autosport BRDC award' stuck to every surface in my room :lol:

Go Olli
Old 5 Dec 2005, 09:45 (Ref:1477209)   #85
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma
btw, I would have gone yesterday night, but unfortunately I wasn't aloud

Pardon my ignorance, but are the Autosport Awards as accessible as just saying "I'm going"?

Surely not...
Old 5 Dec 2005, 10:51 (Ref:1477268)   #86
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well i suppose if you've got £300 to throw away on a ticket to a party then anything's accessible.

well done oli
Old 5 Dec 2005, 10:53 (Ref:1477273)   #87
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Pardon my ignorance, but are the Autosport Awards as accessible as just saying "I'm going"?

Surely not...
Quite right they're not.
I've been for the last three years, and it's in no way a cheap night.

Maybe she meant she was going to join the autograph hunters who stood outside all night
Old 5 Dec 2005, 13:57 (Ref:1477407)   #88
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Slightly off topic, but I wonder if the experience will make the FBMW runners in the final consider FRenault instead of jumping straight to F3. Dean Smith is planning to do FR, but Sam Bird looks to be eyeing F3.

I'm of the opinion that F3 is to big a leap from FBMW, watching Tim Bridgman last year hasn't altered that view.
Old 5 Dec 2005, 14:31 (Ref:1477419)   #89
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Tourer
I'm of the opinion that F3 is to big a leap from FBMW, watching Tim Bridgman last year hasn't altered that view.
In my view the performances of Christian Bakkerud would probably confirm this.
Old 5 Dec 2005, 14:49 (Ref:1477427)   #90
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I'm sure Bakkerud and Bruno Senna would disagree strongly with that. They both had podiums during the season, whilst Christian took a fastest lap at Thruxton and Bruno was on pole at the Nurburgring.

Tim Bridgman is another matter altogether.
Old 5 Dec 2005, 15:13 (Ref:1477438)   #91
Emma
Racer

England
Shropshire, UK
Emma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excuse me, but I've been working my butt off in a crappy back-end-£4.50 an hour job for 7-8 months as well as studying for my GCSEs and I actually did manage to save up £300 for my ticket to go.
Old 5 Dec 2005, 15:40 (Ref:1477451)   #92
sceptic
Veteran

It's not just the £300 for the ticket though.
You'd have to buy a new dress, and matching shoes and jewellery - which would probably be that much again, then there's the stupidly expensive drinks prices once you are there: £6.00 for a Pepsi for example.
Then there's the raffle tickets at £20 each, and finally a cab home or hotel.

As for the prospects of F BMW drivers, Dean would have done F3 if he had the money - but I don't think Championship class F3 is the way to go for them. Perhaps National class... that way they could at least have a chance to be nominated for the young driver award next year... even though they probably won't win.

...In fact it seems clear that if you want to win the Young Driver Award, you need to do Formula Renault.
Old 5 Dec 2005, 15:49 (Ref:1477457)   #93
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic
It's not just the £300 for the ticket though.
You'd have to buy a new dress, and matching shoes and jewellery - which would probably be that much again, then there's the stupidly expensive drinks prices once you are there: £6.00 for a Pepsi for example.
Then there's the raffle tickets at £20 each, and finally a cab home or hotel.

As for the prospects of F BMW drivers, Dean would have done F3 if he had the money - but I don't think Championship class F3 is the way to go for them. Perhaps National class... that way they could at least have a chance to be nominated for the young driver award next year... even though they probably won't win.

...In fact it seems clear that if you want to win the Young Driver Award, you need to do Formula Renault.
That is a valid point, I think you do need the experience of a season racing in something other than an entry level formula where you will come up against more experienced drivers. Motorsport is supposed to be a learning experience, which is why there is a career 'structure' to it