Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 9 Oct 2005, 19:12 (Ref:1428727)   #1
moggie
Rookie

moggie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BF3 - What's next?

Now that the BF3 Championship has come to a close today, I thought it would be interesting to have some predictions as to who will go where next season....

Quite clearly a lot of the drivers will stay put - but there still may be some surprises!!
Old 9 Oct 2005, 21:14 (Ref:1428808)   #2
Dr Venom
Racer

Dr Venom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1st suprise for 2006 would be if more than 1000 paying spectactors turn up on race day.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 21:34 (Ref:1428822)   #3
Alan
Racer

United Kingdom
Rotherham, South Yorkshire, UK
Alan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Venom
1st suprise for 2006 would be if more than 1000 paying spectactors turn up on race day.
I have to admit that I was surprised by the low turnout today.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 09:21 (Ref:1429297)   #4
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
There was an interesting press conference at Silverstone on Saturday and this is taken from fota.co.uk:

SRO Motorsports Group and the MotorSport Vision are pleased to announce that they have reached an agreement which will result in the return of the British F3 International Series and the British GT Championship to Brands Hatch, Oulton Park and Snetterton circuits in 2006.

These venues were absent from the F3 GT calendar in 2005 after MSV and SRO were unable to agree acceptable terms for their inclusion. MSV Chief Executive Jonathan Palmer commented: β€œIt was a pity that we could not find a way forward last year as I am a great supporter of F3 and GT racing, as our TAG Heuer GT 250 event illustrated at the A1 Grand Prix. However I always made it clear that despite some press to the contrary, there has never been any animosity between Stephane Ratel and myself. Just because someone cannot agree terms upon which to do business does not mean they do not get on! It has been pretty clear to competitors how much has been invested enhancing the MSV circuits and understandably SRO wished to include our circuits in the 2006 F3 and GT Championship calendar. Similarly I have been eager to find a commercially viable way to have F3 and GT events on our tracks and I am happy that we have achieved this through a creative approach.”

The Oulton Park event will take place on the prestigious Easter Monday date when MSV is eager to create a fabulous GT racing festival, the newly revamped Snetterton will host a round in July and most significantly, the British GT and F3 Championships will compete on the Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit during the A1GP meeting, which enjoyed such great success last month.

Furthermore in 2006 Formula Palmer Audi, which may be substantially evolved, and another proposed series will reinforce the British F3 GT package in several of the other UK rounds with dates yet to be finalised but likely to include Donington Park, Silverstone, Thruxton and Croft.

Stephane Ratel said : β€œI am delighted with this agreement, which answers the wishes of all the teams, who wish to return to some of the best circuits in Britain. I am also very pleased to welcome the long-running, successful and extremely well presented Formula Palmer Audi series, which will be a great addition to the British F3 and GT package.”

The 2006 calendar will be finalised shortly, and will include an additional two or three overseas events for the British F3 International Series, running within the FIA GT meetings.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 22:37 (Ref:1430207)   #5
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excellent, can't wait to go back to Brands again for the A1 GP AND British F3 then! And good to have FPA on the F3-GT package too, myself not being too interested in the GTs.

Anyone know what this other proposed series is? Or what the plans to "evolve" FPA are?
Old 13 Dec 2005, 20:50 (Ref:1483419)   #6
Chimaera
Rookie

Chimaera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
could the "proposed series" be that Challenge Initiative thingy?
Old 13 Dec 2005, 21:51 (Ref:1483470)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't see that racing on the F3 package!
Old 13 Dec 2005, 21:57 (Ref:1483478)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'd hope hell would freeze over first.
Old 13 Dec 2005, 21:58 (Ref:1483479)   #9
El_Gibleto
Veteran

El_Gibleto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many people can't see it ever racing anywhere!
Old 13 Dec 2005, 22:51 (Ref:1483521)   #10
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
i'd hope hell would freeze over first.
That's more likely.
Old 13 Dec 2005, 22:55 (Ref:1483524)   #11
El_Gibleto
Veteran

El_Gibleto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SAdam Hussain been nominated for the Nobel Peace prize is more likely!!!!!!
Old 14 Dec 2005, 02:23 (Ref:1483600)   #12
Chimaera
Rookie

Chimaera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ya, it definately looks more and more like a crock