Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 20 Apr 2006, 18:55 (Ref:1590032)   #26
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky
A friend of mine has a VERY old 1988 Chevy Monza (which was sold as an Opel Kaddet in Europe if I'm not mistaken). The starter motor fails from time to time and he's left stranded as it is the automatic version so there's no chance of starting it up by pushing it. Of course, what else could you expect out of a 18 year old car?
Monza is totally different from the Kadett, I know i raced one for my troubles, a V8 Spyder (best forgotten about). It is actually a Chevy Vega chassis. The V8 is so cramped under the bonnet that the starter is probably suffering from heat sink.
Old 20 Apr 2006, 19:04 (Ref:1590051)   #27
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Monza is totally different from the Kadett, I know i raced one for my troubles, a V8 Spyder (best forgotten about). It is actually a Chevy Vega chassis. The V8 is so cramped under the bonnet that the starter is probably suffering from heat sink.
I think the "Monza" brand was used by GM for a wide variety of cars. I recall travelling to mexico and seeing the Opel Corsa as a Chevy Monza. Anyway, this is what a Chevy Monza is over here:

http://www.tucarro.com.co/indices/ca...let-monza.html
Old 20 Apr 2006, 19:17 (Ref:1590064)   #28
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Now thats a Cavalier over here, lot bigger than a Kadett.
Old 20 Apr 2006, 19:35 (Ref:1590082)   #29
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Here is my Monza, parked up against the tyre wall at Mallory park hairpin, not one of my most successful race cars in fact on reflection I think most of them have been like that, must be me:-(. Could have been good if the chassis had not been bent!

Old 20 Apr 2006, 19:48 (Ref:1590104)   #30
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ha! Just a bit different than the Monzas over here. The top of the line had a 4 cylinder 2L engine which developed just under 100HP....not very sporty indeed.
Old 20 Apr 2006, 21:17 (Ref:1590206)   #31
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Here is my Monza, parked up against the tyre wall at Mallory park hairpin,
ah, to save fuel?
Old 20 Apr 2006, 21:19 (Ref:1590210)   #32
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
No the on/off system failed (I think).
Old 20 Apr 2006, 21:53 (Ref:1590260)   #33
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Automobile Antics

Quote:
Now thats a Cavalier over here, lot bigger than a Kadett.
'twas a Cavelier here in the US as well.
Old 21 Apr 2006, 10:28 (Ref:1590692)   #34
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Staying off-topic somewhat, this is a proper Monza...