Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 25 May 2006, 13:24 (Ref:1618649)   #1
boom boom
Racer

boom boom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens Barrichello to Race in the INDY 500: Replaces Kanaan

At least his helemet is anyways.

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=119152

Rubens is wearing Kanaan's helmet in Monaco and Kanaan is wearing Rubens helmet at the Indy 500. Seems those are the 2 races each would like to race so they switched helmets for this upcoming weekend. I think its pretty cool. I miss the days when drivers crossed over to diferrent series when they wanted and were able too, but helmets swapping over is a start

Will they swap back if they both win with their new helmets?
Old 25 May 2006, 13:34 (Ref:1618658)   #2
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I remember back in 2003 when Andretti wanted Barricehllo to take part in the 500....
Old 25 May 2006, 13:45 (Ref:1618664)   #3
boom boom
Racer

Wich one? Micheal or Mario? I would like to see Rubens give it a try, maybe after F1 (though he is getting older). But Rubens does have connections for a good ride, maybe Gil could hook him up with the Captain. I would also like to see JPM come back and try to make it 2 for 2 someday as well
Old 25 May 2006, 13:47 (Ref:1618667)   #4
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Michael.
Old 25 May 2006, 13:59 (Ref:1618677)   #5
boom boom
Racer

If you could have any F1 Driver or any driver take a chance at the Indy 500 at least once who would it be? who would have good chance to win (with a good car of course)?
I would like to see David Coultard give it a try. Also seeing Jeff Gordon finally race at the Indy 500 would be really cool as well and with the right team he could have good chance to win. I really miss the cross overs of good talent
Old 25 May 2006, 14:23 (Ref:1618698)   #6
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
I remember last year Tony Stewart nearly attempted to qualify a car for someone to drive in the race...Maybe if the race was moved an hour or two earlier we could have more NASCAR drivers take part, I would like to see Casey Mears, Tony Stewart take part again and Jeff Gordon and a few other NASCAR stars...
And some F1 drivers...
Old 25 May 2006, 17:34 (Ref:1618804)   #7
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by boom boom
If you could have any F1 Driver or any driver take a chance at the Indy 500 at least once who would it be?
Michael Schumacher!

It'a about time he did something else besides Ferrari & karts. He once had an Alfa ETCC drive lined up but Ferrari wouldn't let him. Fat chance they'd let him get Junqueira'd at Indianapolis either.
Old 25 May 2006, 17:40 (Ref:1618810)   #8
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
He never had a race driver with Alfa Romeo in the ETCC lined up. He tested the car, that's all. It was because his step-brother Sebastien Stahl was getting a few races with the team.
Old 25 May 2006, 20:43 (Ref:1618983)   #9
drdisque
Veteran

Antarctica
Chicago
drdisque should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like the see Jacques Villeneuve back over here. It could happen some day too.
Old 25 May 2006, 23:55 (Ref:1619107)   #10
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Oh gee I was about to come in and delete this thread for being utter tripe LOL

Then I read it

Nice one Boom Boom

Nice gesture on both the drivers parts there

as for F1 drivers in the Indy 500

Jean Alesi sideways around Indy

Wouldnt last long but would be great to watch

of Current F1 drivers I would like to see Roseberg have a go , i think he could do rather well
Old 26 May 2006, 03:14 (Ref:1619162)   #11
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
TGF doesn't have the morraccas to race on an oval.
Old 26 May 2006, 07:43 (Ref:1619250)   #12
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Schumi would be up to the challenge, I reckon. But he probably wouldn't do it, probably for contractual reasons.
Old 26 May 2006, 07:46 (Ref:1619256)   #13
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wasn't sure what to expect when I saw the thread-title, but this was cool - thanks for the heads up boom boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
I remember last year Tony Stewart nearly attempted to qualify a car for someone to drive in the race...Maybe if the race was moved an hour or two earlier we could have more NASCAR drivers take part, I would like to see Casey Mears, Tony Stewart take part again and Jeff Gordon and a few other NASCAR stars...
And some F1 drivers...
Might even have been 2004 - I think it was Foyt and Stewart who played somewhat of a prank on everyone?

And yes, I totally agree it would be nice to see some NASCAR drivers take part again. Robby Gordon would probably be a given, and Casey Mears has also said he very much would like to race in the Indy 500. Tony Stewart might be interested in doing it again as well. Hopefully they'll sort something out when it comes to the starting time to make it possible again.