Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 26 May 2006, 23:32 (Ref:1619870)   #26
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Just my personal opinion.
I guess I misunderstood you stating that it was pointless, as meaning irrelevant, when you meant you just don't like sportscars. Certainly there are vastly different tastes out there.

Quote:
Or even F1. And thanks for the info on Graham...
I don't see Danica in F1 anytime soon. I don't think she is good enough. Though there are some in there who make you scratch your head some.
Old 26 May 2006, 23:33 (Ref:1619872)   #27
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Or even F1. And thanks for the info on Graham...
Will need a bit more time in the gym for that one.
Old 27 May 2006, 00:35 (Ref:1619892)   #28
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I do not think that Danica is unable to compete in IRL/CC. That being said, a move to Sportscars could be very good indeed for her - especially if it is with Rahal.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 27 May 2006, 11:21 (Ref:1620105)   #29
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
She might not be a 4th place winner in sports cars though.
Old 30 May 2006, 13:00 (Ref:1622916)   #30
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Back to Topic:

It seemed clear to me as I watched from the stands on Sunday that AGR was working on race setups and getting their cars comfortable in traffic, because with 10 laps to go, they were holding the top 4 spots....they were smooth and in contention (with the exception of Herta) most of the afternoon, and they really turned up the juice in the final 30 laps..

Kanaan went down to the grass to pass Dixon (who "helped" him get down there by trying to protect his postion),

and the sequence where Kanaan ultimately took the lead from Wheldon was one of the most exciting exchanges I've ever seen at Indy....Kanaan passed him wheldon cam alongside through the short chute, they split a backmarker in turn 4 and raced for the line, with Kanaan winning the drag race on the front straight....fantastic action, and most of it happened within my view of the race!!!

The main reason why Michael was there was because of his late Top-Off for fuel at the end of the caution on lap 162 or so, which allowed him to cycle back through as others had to pit for a splash of fuel....same for Hornish....

But Sam was fast...I do not believe Michael had the speed to be a top 5 car without that pit decision at that point in the race...good call by both...and I beleive that call actually put Hornish in position to win it at the end...

BTW....AGR went home with $2 million in prize money from this weekend....last year, they came home with about $3 millin due to Wheldon winning it...not a bad payday for the Month, eh???

Last edited by Tim Northcutt; 30 May 2006 at 13:05.

One American Open Wheel Series!