Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 29 Aug 2006, 02:35 (Ref:1695944)   #1
GBaxter
Rookie

GBaxter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If money wasn't a limitation,what interior/exterior mods would your road car have?

If money wasn't a limitation and someone else was paying (a 6 figure amount), what cool (be it cosmetic and / or engine related) modifications - upgrades would you like having made to the current road car you're driving. Anything to do with actually replacing the car itself (and exchanging it for another one) is excluded.
Old 29 Aug 2006, 19:03 (Ref:1696965)   #2
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mhhhhh....I'm not a big fan of mods. perhaps a new paint job, some alloy wheels (although regular ones, not the huge, shiny ones....it's just that I'm tired of the scratched hubcaps), new seats (leather would be nice) the dashboard and steering wheel from the 205 gti, a nicer stereo....that would be it....not a lot of fun I know....
Old 29 Aug 2006, 19:23 (Ref:1696989)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I've got a Pug 306 DTurbo i'd go for:

A new engine (mine's done 142K and is starting to smoke a bit)
Re-jig the front end so it's actually straight (legacy of 2 front end smacks)
New shocks (mine are getting spongy with age)
New drivers seat (it's wearing)
New front fogs (they're both broken - foxed and pheasanted)

Or going totally to extremes, ding everything out cut it up and turn it into a replica of Andy Burtons 306 Cosworth or Ollie O'Donavans rallycross 306 supercar
Old 4 Sep 2006, 14:07 (Ref:1701584)   #4
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Our Hurricane ( http://www.caburn.demon.co.uk/Conten...ing/Hurricane/ ) would get fresh paint, a nice interior and seats and a fresh drivetrain- something more modern perhaps with Caterhams 6 speed 'box. I'd probably also change the 'Cosmic' alloys but I havn't found anything that suits the car other than Minilites which are [snob mode] a bit too commonplace [/snob mode]
As for my Dutton, well I'd pay some other idiot to rebuild it for me if money were no object!!
Old 4 Sep 2006, 17:15 (Ref:1701677)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well, for starters i'd get the £2000 worth of "speed holes" i put down the side of the car in an arguement with a central reservation fixed. properly. the monkeys at the local dealership don't fix it properly. maybe i'd get it painted a proper metallic version of the current colour too.

i'd also spank some money on upgrading the turbo. i've heard it's easily chipped (or modified or whatever) to get an extra 20bhp. that'd bring it up to about 170bhp.

the stereo needs sorting.

oh, and i'd get the wheels cleaned up properly. they're very nice wheels, but i do use the brakes, and they do get very dusty. while they're poking around there they can fix the rear bushes and whatever else is making that funny noise too.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 21:56 (Ref:1701889)   #6
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Repair all scratches and scuffs
Remove large dents from where some bar steward reversed into me in a car park
Remove dent from roof where those dammed kids threw rocks at it.
waxyoyl the underside properly
new wheel trims
new wheels for that matter
a new exhaust which is actually the correct part

apart from that, not much.
Old 5 Sep 2006, 01:33 (Ref:1701977)   #7
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd be happy with heated seats and a CD player that plays CDs without skipping.

I think I'm getting old.
Old 5 Sep 2006, 11:59 (Ref:1702266)   #8
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lots of power and suspension/brake mods. Outside just gets some new paint, other than that, would look totally stock. This is what I am doing at the moment, only money isn't unlimited, so it's slow going

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 5 Sep 2006, 13:26 (Ref:1702336)   #9
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would raid the Volvo parts bin and create a 4wd version of my S60 D5.

(You can get a LHD S60 D5 awd, and a RHD version of the V70 estates with D5 engine and AWD, so it must all fit).

I'd also fit the later 6-spd 'box with custom ratios to make it even more longer legged in top (perhaps 40mph/1000rpm).

Some big AP Racing brakes would be nice too.

I'm not sure I'd fit any after market suspension, as I like the standard car's ride/handling balance. But, seeing as we've got the budget, I'd do back to back tests of several different suspension sets just to make sure.
Old 5 Sep 2006, 18:19 (Ref:1702572)   #10
Matski
Racer

Matski has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
My Car: A 1983 BMW 635CSi

I would spend the money on making it totally original and ABSOLUTLEY MINT.

except... I would have some better stereo stuff put in.. it would have to be hidden though... the car still runs metrics, it still has it's original Blaupunkt cassette deck - I want to keep it totally original.. but it does need a better sound system, maybe hide the head unit in the cubby hole forward of the gearstick.

.. and okay I'd get some better pads for the brakes.
Old 5 Sep 2006, 22:41 (Ref:1702812)   #11
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Now there's a man after my own heart, particularly after Monday evening.

See, round the back of my place there is tucked away an '86 Audi ur quattro turbo coupe. Right now it isn't taxed and doesn't have an MOT certificate. It's the tornado red colour and over the summer this has developed an unhealthy bloom, although nothing that T-Cut won't remove. And now the weather has turned there's a natural sprinkling of leaves and stuff, so it's not looking that great.

But on Monday evening, when I was pottering about in the garden a couple of young lads came and found me. They wanted to know if the Audi was for sale because they were looking for something to go banger racing with!

They were nice enough lads, so I explained politely that the quattro wasn't quite the sort of thing they needed. But now I'm on this huge guilt trip about neglecting it, So, yes, if someone were kind enough to provide the readies, I would simply restore it to its original glory.
Old 6 Sep 2006, 16:32 (Ref:1703456)   #12
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If money wasn't a limitation, I'd buy a better car...

And some track lessons.
Old 6 Sep 2006, 20:42 (Ref:1703742)   #13
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
At the moment I'd settle for an exhaust without a hole the size of wales in the middle of it.