Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 25 Sep 2006, 13:53 (Ref:1719308)   #51
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As an Italian fan I'm obviously delighted to see an italian bike winning and 3 italian drivers on the podium!

And, in the Rossi-vs Haiden title fight, I'd like very much Capirossi to make both an unpleasant surprise...
Old 25 Sep 2006, 16:36 (Ref:1719445)   #52
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's the spirit climb!
Old 26 Sep 2006, 07:23 (Ref:1719998)   #53
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
I'm extraterrestrial, so I would be delighted to see Pedrosa win the title.

In a more terrestrial way, it's 12 points between NH and VR now. I think things are very marginal now, being Rossi clearly better than Hayden but having NH some gap to the former.

All in all, I think I would go with Valentino in this situation. If he gets two wins Hayden, then, would need two seconds; it's more likely the first event than the second, I have to say.

If Rossi gets 1st and 2nd, NH would need 2nd and 3rd, another good scenery for Vale.

With Rossi getting 1st and 3rd, NH needs 2nd and 4th.

Rossi having two 2nds, Hayden has to get 3rd and 4th

With VR getting 2nd and 3rd, Nicky has an easier job: Hayden almost gets the title with just one 2nd or just one 3rd results, and wins it with two 4ths.

Basically, if NH wins a race the title is virtually for him. If Vale gets two 1st-2nd results, he will put pressure on Hayden, and he will have better cards.

As I said formerly, it is marginal, but I vote now for the yellow guy.
Old 26 Sep 2006, 08:37 (Ref:1720065)   #54
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know the Yellow guy can, and will win it. I'm staking my shakey reputation on it I know, but he will.

Why: Rossi has done this sooo many times before. He's the best rider in the world, and with a crewcheif who has done it many times before.
Why Hayden might: Because if he pulls one of his crazy "I'm determined" races that he does occasionaly, he might do what Schummy suggests and pull a good race. Also, he races well at teh final track of Valencia.
The only issue for him is that he is going into one of those Nicky Hayden slumps (tm) and the sheen of the first part of the season has worn off.
Old 26 Sep 2006, 09:26 (Ref:1720112)   #55
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
valle will win the title.
Old 26 Sep 2006, 10:54 (Ref:1720203)   #56
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
Also, he races well at teh final track of Valencia
Yeah, he does well in those Nicky Mouse tracks.
Old 26 Sep 2006, 17:46 (Ref:1720531)   #57
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here's how it will play out, and I'll state my non-existent reputation on it (I obviously have less to risk than Hazza).

Rossi will podium or better at the final two races. And let's face it, winning both races is not out of the question for The Doctor. He'll be determined and at his best. My only question is will his M1 be up to it at both venues?

Hayden's biggest problem at the moment is his back sliding form. If he was ridding like late 2005 or early to mid 2006 he could podium at both venues in my opinion. But that's a big if at this stage. The other big issue is that Capirossi, Melandri and Pedrosa routinely take points off Hayden, which he cannot afford. He must be second best on the day at a minimum. But of course then there is his lackluster form at Estoril.

So, I see Rossi winning at Estoril with Hayden off the podium. Rossi will podium or better at Valencia with Hayden also on the podium. End result, Rossi is the champion yet again...yay I love predictability. We're all just kidding ourselves, it's Rossi's playground for as long as he wants it.
Old 26 Sep 2006, 18:02 (Ref:1720548)   #58
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
jhansen, as predictable as the end result may be (and we don't have an end result yet, so hold your horses!) it has been a spectacular season of racing once again and MotoGP has once again proven it is the best pure racing series in the world at the moment.
Old 26 Sep 2006, 18:36 (Ref:1720582)   #59
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No doubt knowlesy, no doubt. The racing continues to be second to none. Thankfully Rossi is not on the best bike. However, if he was riding on a Suzuki or a Kawasaki, now THAT would be entertainment.
Old 27 Sep 2006, 03:32 (Ref:1720851)   #60
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
the yamaha wasnt as good as it is now beforer he went there so he could probably make a suzuki win if he moved and took his team with him as the most of making that yamaha quick is down to his team he just feeds them some info they are the ones who know what to do with it.

if he didnt take his team to yamaha him and that team wouldnt be where they are now and it would be the same at suzuki or kawasaki but if he took his team it would be yamaha all over again probably not quiet as good but close.IMO
Old 27 Sep 2006, 06:04 (Ref:1720885)   #61
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as much as id like to see Hayden take it i think Rossi / Caparossi have momentum now and will be too hard to stop.

the only way i can see hayden take it is if Rossi's bike blows up or he falls, which i dont want to see happen at all.

Ch10 was saying that Rossi has outraced Hayden osmthing like 11 times allready this year. that makes Rossi probably more deserving IMHO.

Caparossi. what could have been
Old 27 Sep 2006, 07:03 (Ref:1720922)   #62
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVKSS
Capirossi. what could have been
Couldn't agree more!

He's probably the best deserving one
Old 27 Sep 2006, 07:29 (Ref:1720937)   #63
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
i would have liked capirossi win the tittle as he has been the most consistant (when the bike/tyre's let him) and the most deserving.
Old 27 Sep 2006, 20:04 (Ref:1721494)   #64
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Capirossi's time will come I reckon. It'll be a shame if he never wins the premier title.

If Ducati steal a march with the 800, he'll be quids in. Especially if Sete is on the other Duke.

Sadly though, I expect Honda to fly out of the blocks as they tend to do.
Old 27 Sep 2006, 22:27 (Ref:1721571)   #65
HDTVKSS
Veteran

i think Honda has the biggest risk here with their 800. sure, its a V5 with no 5 chopped off but its not that simple.....

everyone else is running reduced capacity versions of their existing engines, which while ocmples is nothing like honda who has a whole new development curve to follow. that means breakages and bowups imho. the new bike is a very radical looking departure as well.

i have a feeling that the Duc will be the bike to beat next year. Actually with the shakup im hoping that Suzuki and Yam can put a more consistant package togeahter, but then again how much of their woes are tyre related?
Old 27 Sep 2006, 22:53 (Ref:1721585)   #66
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Nah, we need Yamaha to come up with another ok bike, but nothing flashy. That way we can continue to marvel as Rossi elevates the bike to places others could not. But I agree, I'd love to see Kawasaki and Suzuki rise up to the challenge. Ducati to. But yes, Bridgestone have a part in that as well.

I'm also hoping that Tech 3 race on something other than Dunlops next year.
Old 27 Sep 2006, 23:19 (Ref:1721603)   #67
HDTVKSS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Nah, we need Yamaha to come up with another ok bike, but nothing flashy. That way we can continue to marvel as Rossi elevates the bike to places others could not.
ar.

theres that and then there Mr Burgess telling the factory that the bike they gave him to engineer is a piece of poo.

i do wonder how Rossi would go with another engineer, just somthing that id like to see before he retires. esp to see if the rumors are true about him wanting to keep Stoner out incase they Burgess and Stoner develp too much of a close bond.