Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Jan 2007, 08:07 (Ref:1817220)   #1
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic Racing in Wales

Hello historic racers and fellow racing enthusiasts,

it seems as my wife and me will be passing our summer holidays in Wales this year. Is there anything motorsports-related, preferably historic, to visit or see during July 28th - August 11th, either in Wales or on the way there from Dover? Although we will be there chiefly for hiking, I might persuade my wife to visit a race meeting or the odd museum or two. Unfortunately, there is no question of making our holidays coincide with the the Goodwood Revival.

Best wishes

NPP

P.S.: A totally unrelated question - what is the inverted camel icon meant to signify?
Old 17 Jan 2007, 12:50 (Ref:1817469)   #2
PeterM
Racer

United Kingdom
Wellingborough
PeterM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sat/Sun 28/29 July is the Classic Meeting at Silverstone. One not to be missed. It is organised by the HSCC so there should be more details on their website. An even greater variety of cars than the Revival meeting and there is racing on both days.
Old 17 Jan 2007, 14:29 (Ref:1817569)   #3
Andy Mesh
Rookie

Andy Mesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pembrey 28/29 July

CTCRC are at Pembrey (wales !) on the 28th/29th July 2007

Post Historic touring cars , classic group one , E30 production BMW`s , Classic modified saloons, Pre 93 saloons
Old 18 Jan 2007, 08:39 (Ref:1818202)   #4
scoop
Rookie

scoop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NPP

Where abouts in Wales are you going?
Are you interested in rallying?
A round of the British Historic Rally Championship will be on the Epynt ranges near Brecon (mid Wales) on Sunday 5 August (the Harry Flatters Rally).

Let me know if you want more details.
Old 18 Jan 2007, 14:25 (Ref:1818488)   #5
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop
Where abouts in Wales are you going?
Are you interested in rallying?
A round of the British Historic Rally Championship will be on the Epynt ranges near Brecon (mid Wales) on Sunday 5 August (the Harry Flatters Rally).

Let me know if you want more details.
we'll be staying in the North, near Bethesda, in the second week and are still looking on the web for a place more to the South for the first week. History rallying on Aug 5th sounds good, and I'd definitely be interested in some more details - is there a website (for this one as well as for the other suggestions that have been made)?

Thanks, all of you, for your help so far!

NPP
Old 18 Jan 2007, 16:06 (Ref:1818560)   #6
Pistonbroke
Racer

Wales
Shropshire
Pistonbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or if you fancy seeing an incredible collection of vintage & pre-war cars (in action and in the spectators' car park) there's the Vintage Sports-Car Club's hill climb at Prescott (near Cheltenham) on 4th & 5th August.
Old 18 Jan 2007, 20:40 (Ref:1818763)   #7
Andy Mesh
Rookie

Andy Mesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Details for Pembrey / CTCRC / BARC
www.classictouringcars.com
www.barc.net
Old 20 Jan 2007, 11:22 (Ref:1820167)   #8
scoop
Rookie

scoop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ref the Harry Flatters Rally; the event website will be at www.breconmotorclub.co.uk
It will run all day on Sunday on the Epynt ranges, about 10 miles west of Brecon. The rally is based at the theatre in Brecon and will start at around 9am and run all day. Spectators will be permitted and the charge will probably be about £5 per car. The historic field will run alongside an event for modern cars.
Beware - even in the summer, the weather on Epynt can be cold and windy, but its a great place for asphalt rallying and there will be action all day long.
Spectator access is easy, but you can walk a fair distance to watch at different locations.