Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 6 May 2007, 13:44 (Ref:1907645)   #1
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton in 4th Vision car

Davey Hamilton is in the fourth Vision car officially now.....according to one of the crewmen I saw yesterday, his name is on the sign in the garage.
Old 7 May 2007, 07:01 (Ref:1908136)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
great news

I was a huge fan of daveys back in the late 90's before his crash.

I know it took him awhile to get over his injuries but what racing has he done since then ?

either way its great to see him back and I hope he does really well
Old 7 May 2007, 20:19 (Ref:1908561)   #3
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe he has had a few outings in a super-modified, but not much. And that may have been just practice laps.

I'm very happy about this news. I've been watching Davey in short track stuff since the late 80's. Hope he does himself proud and keeps it between the walls.
Old 7 May 2007, 23:30 (Ref:1908684)   #4
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here's a quote from a short-track journalist that responded on another board about Davey's competition history since the crash:

"Davey has tested Silver Crown Cars, Indy Cars, and Supermodifieds over the years and has run the Indy Car Two Seater and the Supermodified Two seater. But he has not driven in competition due to Insurance Problems since his crash. The 2007 Indy 500 wil be Davey's first shot in competition since June of 2001."
Old 8 May 2007, 01:16 (Ref:1908716)   #5
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Davey has had 25 surgeries to his legs/feet since the crash. He only really got back to the fitness level he needed to be at in 2005. I did not link the article, but Speed TV has a good bit more info - he said in the interview that he has had to essentially reconstruct his career, including the sponsorship thing.

I hope this will lead to a full-time ride for him.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 9 May 2007, 06:17 (Ref:1909587)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for the Info guys
Old 9 May 2007, 08:15 (Ref:1909660)   #7
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
good luck to davey - think he finished #2 to tony stewart when he won the irl title

6 years outta the car is a long time, stay of those walls champ...
Old 9 May 2007, 09:15 (Ref:1909724)   #8
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC
I hope this will lead to a full-time ride for him.
Do you think its likely ? I mean if he comes out and wins the race then yes you'd think a drive will be on the cards but a 44 year old lad, 6 years out of actual racing it seems a huge step. But then starting back at Indy is the biggest step.
Old 9 May 2007, 09:26 (Ref:1909731)   #9
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Likely? Probably not.

He still seems to have the fire though and he certainly has put himself through enough to come back. How many drivers/athletes would have 25 surgeries for the express purposes of driving/competing again?

We can always hope though, can't we?
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 9 May 2007, 17:10 (Ref:1910003)   #10
Team Owner
Racer

Team Owner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The wear and tear of road racing would be too hard on his feet. Davey can still get the max out of a car on ovals though. Davey is a good driver coach and spotter too
Old 9 May 2007, 17:15 (Ref:1910006)   #11
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Owner
The wear and tear of road racing would be too hard on his feet. Davey can still get the max out of a car on ovals though. Davey is a good driver coach and spotter too
He's pretty fair in a super-modified as well. Or a midget. Or a sprintcar. Or a silver crown car. Or...
Old 10 May 2007, 09:37 (Ref:1910188)   #12
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
It is just cool to see him back in a race seat at a high level, even if not a full-time gig.

Completely off topic, by my cousin, who is 17 won his first feature in a sprint car race and then had his first flip - then went right back out the next week. Time for me to start following a new career! Ahhh, Spring!

The mention of sprint cars brought that up...
Old 14 May 2007, 16:13 (Ref:1913299)   #13
georgeboi999
Racer

Ghana
Barnsley, UK
georgeboi999 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cool man