Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Old 23 Jan 2008, 11:47 (Ref:2111891)   #1
Alan Cherry
Veteran

England
Alan Cherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toad Thingy

Ok Gents (Ladies)
I know this isn't strictly 'Racing Technology' but it's something that's on my race car, and I need to get rid of it ! I have a Rover 220 Turbo running in the BARC Tin Tops series, and the wiring loom is a cobbled up standard loom, but the ign key and starter have been replaced by a switch and button on the transmission tunnel ( i.e. a pile of crap ) I don't want to rewire it at present, but at some time in the past when it was a road car, someone fitted a 'Toad' (Turd?) alarm /immobiliser. This sometimes for no reason arms itself when it feels like it, and the only way to switch it off is via the remote control thingy. When it turns itself on, there are all strange readings on the multimeter, power where you would expect an earth etc etc. Is it possible to get a wiring diagram of these toad things, as I suspect if I just removed it, there would be lots of broken circuits everywhere. Or alternatively, any Toad autoelectricians in the kent/se london area willing to remove it properly for a very small fee ? Any information gratefully received

Many Thanks
Alan
Old 23 Jan 2008, 12:53 (Ref:2111927)   #2
Roops
Rookie

Roops should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had nasty toad alaram fitted to one of my cars. It was basically pants, I had it removed and a new one installed by an auto electrician. My friendly Independant BMW guys use the chap and he came highly recomended. He did and excellent job and was very reasonable. They can be contacted on 0208 304 9797 (Bexley Motor Works), they will be able to supply his number. They are based in Bexleyheath. HTH.
Old 23 Jan 2008, 22:41 (Ref:2112303)   #3
Alan Cherry
Veteran

England
Alan Cherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Roops, Thanks for that I'll give them a buzz - I'm only in Wilmington