Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Jan 2008, 20:30 (Ref:2118066)   #101
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want to slap whoever designed that livery. Couldn't they have put the earth thingy towards the back of the engine cover and made the rest black?
Old 1 Feb 2008, 11:31 (Ref:2118261)   #102
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Blackness + The Earth does not equate to an upbeat sort of livery, imho. Nietzsche probably wouldn't have minded, but anyway...

I think neilap makes a good point. Honda has for years been environmentally conscious (or at least promoted the idea). When they introduced the Civic and the Accord in the late 70's, the idea was to prove that you could have a car that got great gas mileage, met emissions standards and was useful.

F1 is not, I agree, environmentally friendly. That said, Honda is using F1 to promote the idea that technological innovation can result that would provide a "green" benefit. Give them credit, at least they are trying to promote the sport in such as way as to keep it from being rendered irrelevant at best and wasteful at worst.

The cars are rapidly moving marketing tools. Why not have the message be one that reflects positively on the sport?

Last edited by JohnSSC; 1 Feb 2008 at 11:33.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 18 Feb 2008, 11:15 (Ref:2131683)   #103
jnr blue 91
Rookie

United Kingdom
jnr blue 91 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/photolarge...133&catID=3105

ive just realised that honda are using the "horns" that Mclaren and bmw use
Old 18 Feb 2008, 12:49 (Ref:2131751)   #104
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Or maybe they're just something for birds and small furry animals to sit on.

Yes,it seems like 'Planet Earth' is starting to sprout 'Carbuncles' just like the rest of them.
Old 18 Feb 2008, 14:42 (Ref:2131852)   #105
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
It still looks like someones nightmare.
Old 18 Feb 2008, 14:55 (Ref:2131856)   #106
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That'd be Ross Brawn's I'm sure.
Old 19 Feb 2008, 09:52 (Ref:2132378)   #107
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo
It still looks like someones nightmare.
I think you'll find that that's what an 'earth dream' looks like.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'