Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 14 Jul 2008, 19:34 (Ref:2250809)   #51
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you are still looking to try a slicks and wings car, give Everyman Racing School a ring at Mallory Park. They have some Vauxhall Lotus' in their stable so you could probably get to try one of those (I think my old one is there!). They will also be able to do your ARDS test for you.
Old 15 Jul 2008, 08:06 (Ref:2251083)   #52
drummermandan02
Rookie

England
Northants
drummermandan02 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank Andy will bare that in mind. Does of the guys or chicks that race in FF tend to have sponsorship? How easy or hard do you recon it would be to get someone to sponser you in FF? Is there much exposure to make it worth while?
Im thinkin money might be the real issue here and mean that I can't do it, at least for a good few years yet, which is devistating
Old 15 Jul 2008, 17:44 (Ref:2251443)   #53
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What can you offer a potential sponsor?

In reality, although cars are plastered with stickers, there really isn't that much sponsorship in club level motorsport. Certainly not big bucks. You may be able to persuade local businesses to supply you with free oil, brake pads and tyres, or even a reasonably discount off retail price.

In reality, most cars are sponsored by friends & family. There are exceptions to the rule, and if we keep talking ourselves into a recession there will be less of it...
Old 16 Jul 2008, 15:58 (Ref:2252004)   #54
veevet
Rookie

veevet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drummerman, get yourself to Donington this weekend and talk to the Formula Vee and F4 drivers to find out all about the best, low(ish)/cheap(est) cost single-seater racing in the country. Budgets run from £4k upwards (excluding car) for a full season, if you run yourself, to £20k plus to be fully run, with a good number of options in between.
Old 16 Jul 2008, 19:17 (Ref:2252123)   #55
phantom lunger
Rookie

phantom lunger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummermandan02
Im thinkin money might be the real issue here and mean that I can't do it, at least for a good few years yet, which is devistating
Just build it all up in stages...in terms of a 'hobby' racing is by nature very expensive. Concentrate on your ARDS test to begin with, then buy a suitable car for the choice of championship, and tinker with it while you save up, trailer to transport it, safety equipment i.e. helmet, hans, gloves, suit, boots etc.

Get used to the car at test sessions...around £180ish for 4 20 minute sessions as and when you can afford it. When your confident you can drive it well, compete in races when you afford too...remember you don't need to participate in the full championship...that should help to keep the cost down . The first year is always tough because you have so many things to buy before you can even step in the car. Even if it takes a few years it will be worth it.
Old 17 Jul 2008, 10:36 (Ref:2252546)   #56
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by veevet
Drummerman, get yourself to Donington this weekend and talk to the Formula Vee and F4 drivers to find out all about the best, low(ish)/cheap(est) cost single-seater racing in the country. Budgets run from £4k upwards (excluding car) for a full season, if you run yourself, to £20k plus to be fully run, with a good number of options in between.
If you come to donington sunday search out F4 No 64 happy to chat to you.

I can't afford a Fiat Ducatos van they are for up market race car traders..

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 28 Sep 2008, 16:00 (Ref:2299605)   #57
Yellow_shuttle
Rookie

Yellow_shuttle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry if i seem to be hijacking the thread aliitle but the qestions i have didnt warrant starting another thread.

I to am thinking of beginning to race next year and currently have a westfiled but am thinking of selling this to buy a single seater and race in the monoposto series as all the cars are the same and is more of a level playing field than the class i was going to enter with the westfield.

Bearing this in mind what do you think is the best monoposto class to begin in as a newbie? i like the look of the formula vauxhall but don't know if this would be appropriate for a beginner?

Thanks in advance

Ross
Old 28 Sep 2008, 17:21 (Ref:2299668)   #58
SPBRacing
Rookie

United Kingdom
North West
SPBRacing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ross

I race in Mono in the 1200 Free class. I started in it from Rallying & Sprints. loads of the drivers have done this or just come straight in. What I am trying to say is it doesn't matter in Mono what class or car you will find someone to race as you move up thorught he grid. Just pick a car yu like and can drive and more to the point afford to run and get your bum in more than just racing inthe first few years. In this I mean testing before races as the more seat time you get the better you get and then if you need you can sell the car and move up or to another class.

If you need more information on mono go onr thier forum or PM from thier or here.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 18:28 (Ref:2299722)   #59
Lawrence Denne
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bedford
Lawrence Denne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I race in URS Classic Formula Ford 2000 its a cheap and cheerful competative friendly championship and also there is the URS Classic Formula Ford 1600 that is run buy the same people Ken Thourogood from Universal Racing Services and the BARC its worth looking into.
Old 29 Sep 2008, 05:23 (Ref:2300010)   #60
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Formula Vauxhall Car for the Mono 2000 Classic class is a very good buy for a relative novice. They are cheap to buy and cheap to run; they are also very straightforward cars to work on and fairly benign to drive. There are loads and loads of spare parts about so a good choice. The engines should also be bomb proof (unlike most other single seater series) & should not need rebuilding too oiften. Plenty of people in Mono have started out with a Vauxhall Lotus & the grids in Mono 2000/ Mono Classic are pretty good so you should have someone to race with.
Old 16 Oct 2008, 18:21 (Ref:2314095)   #61
stig72
Rookie

Ireland
Devon UK
stig72 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
simple answer is karting! u get lots of time in the seat all weekend not just a poor 20min race in something slow! get yourself to a local MSA track and u will see how cool it is, it can be expensive but get the right class for you...