Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Mar 2002, 21:47 (Ref:242536)   #1
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grandstands

Is it worth it or not ?

After a few years of being either soaked or sunburned we got the tickets. Normally around the 'Nissan' stand area but any ideas for the future ?

SL
Old 23 Mar 2002, 21:53 (Ref:242539)   #2
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First grandstand at start straight

Next time I will go to Le Mans (hopefully in 2003!) I will get a ticket at the very top row of the first grandstand of the start/finish line.

From there you can see the cars approaching and going through the last chicane, then blasting off down the start straight. You can also see the pit works, and the car coming in slowly to pit (good photo opportunities).

Also, there is a "jumbotron" (those mega screens) right in front of you, so you can check what the heck is going on down in Mulsanne...

Muzza
Old 24 Mar 2002, 08:14 (Ref:242706)   #3
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
The main problem is not to choose your place, it's to get the tickets from ACO...

If places are numbered, you can't choose them, except if you're a VIP...

Your chooses seem to be good anyway... last two years I had places in Wimille, then in ACO-Durand... I try to get Nissan and Pits grandstands for this year...
Old 24 Mar 2002, 19:44 (Ref:243027)   #4
SL
Veteran

What's the latest on the grandstands then Fab ? I think that they have all been renamed for a start. Any new stands gone up recently ?

We have tickets for the 'Nord' stand this year, any idea where that is or what it used to be called ?

SL
Old 25 Mar 2002, 06:17 (Ref:243376)   #5
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Simon, your standing is not precise enough : the grandstands standing at the north of the track are the main ones ; there's, following the cars on the track :
- the "Maison Blanche" : which stands in front of Ford chicanes,
- then three grandstands changing their names according to the sponsors
- then ACO and ACO annexe grandstands
- then the temporarily grandstands, in place of the old ones (Wimille, etc...), destroyed two years ago
- then, at the top of Dunlop curve, "tribune dunlop)

For me, the less interresting are the temporarily ones : the straight line is in part hide by the ACO grandstand...

No work on grandstands this year I'm afraid... I saw nothing last two time I went at the track...

Last edited by Fab; 25 Mar 2002 at 06:17.
Old 25 Mar 2002, 10:52 (Ref:243509)   #6
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SL
The Nord section A-I grandstand is at the Dunlop bridge end of the pit lane, hopefully opposite the giant screen and the Audi pit.

As Fab has mentioned I doubt if the new one will be built in time for this year, but at least it will have a roof!!
Old 25 Mar 2002, 21:24 (Ref:243956)   #7
SL
Veteran

Nordic,

But I wanted to be opposite the Bentley or MG pit. It better have a roof as well.

SL
Old 26 Mar 2002, 06:27 (Ref:244240)   #8
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
My dear Simon, how could we know where Bentley and MG get their pit in the pit lane ?

For the moment, let's considerer they'll have the same as last year... you have to order your places in the beginning of the pit straight... could be Nissan grandtands, or beginning of alphabetic letters (can't remember those letters just now, maybe f or g)...
Old 26 Mar 2002, 12:47 (Ref:244356)   #9
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SL
As I now have your money,you will have what ever ticket I decide to give you, if that means you are opposite our German friends then tough.
I have been assured by the many companys I spoke too, our stand will have a roof, this may not help however in the moonsoon that may visit again this year.
RL
Old 26 Mar 2002, 13:32 (Ref:244399)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
....this may not help however in the moonsoon that may visit again this year.
RL
How many more times do I have to tell you......?!!!

Mon ami Pierre and I had seats in the ACO grandstand in '93. I was really chuffed to get them, hoping to be nice and high up with that wonderful view. You've guessed it, we were right on the bottom tier near the front. Fortunately, '93 was wonderfully hot and sunny (as this year will be ), otherwise, with a swirling wind and rain like 2001, I reckon we would have still got pretty wet.

It's one thing having a roof on your grandstand, it's an entirely different matter whether the roof actually keeps the rain off!
Old 26 Mar 2002, 13:52 (Ref:244421)   #11
Abs
Rookie

Abs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi

It's one thing having a roof on your grandstand, it's an entirely different matter whether the roof actually keeps the rain off!
We were in the Michelin Grandstand last year right opposite the Bentley pits, as we were right at the back (thanks to Dallas, with the Morgan group) the weather did not effect us at all.

Watching the people in the Pits Grandstand was a little amusing as the rain just got pushed in on the wind to about half of the seats.

This year I have no Grandstand as it is going to be lovely and hot and I will spend my time either walking to different points or in a few watering holes!!

Last edited by Abs; 26 Mar 2002 at 13:53.
Old 26 Mar 2002, 13:55 (Ref:244425)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Abs

This year I have no Grandstand as it is going to be lovely and hot and I will spend my time either walking to different points or in a few watering holes!!
At last! Another optimist!!
Old 26 Mar 2002, 14:03 (Ref:244433)   #13
Abs
Rookie

Abs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi

At last! Another optimist!!

Or just another mad man!!
Old 28 Mar 2002, 13:46 (Ref:245903)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Abs

Or just another mad man!!

Must be something to do with all those pies.......