Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Dec 2009, 19:40 (Ref:2602067)   #51
Silencer
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Silencer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt it, our coverage is through sky tv and they just hook into the BBC feed, which I'm thankful of. I was in Aus last year and thought Cam was awful, too dry and bland for my liking.
Old 19 Dec 2009, 00:34 (Ref:2602185)   #52
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
I doubt it, our coverage is through sky tv and they just hook into the BBC feed, which I'm thankful of. I was in Aus last year and thought Cam was awful, too dry and bland for my liking.
More interesting then Greg "Seven times world champion Michael Schumacher" Rust...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 19 Dec 2009, 00:43 (Ref:2602187)   #53
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I wonder if this was related...

here...

Quote:
Network Ten agrees new TV deal

Australia's Network Ten has signed a new contract which will see Formula 1 remain on the channel until at least the 2015 season.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 19 Dec 2009, 02:00 (Ref:2602202)   #54
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
More interesting then Greg "Seven times world champion Michael Schumacher" Rust...
You're forgetting about "Our Mark Webber ", the Kiwis would love that !
Old 19 Dec 2009, 03:16 (Ref:2602214)   #55
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
err Top Gear Australia?

umm yeah.. i think will pass on that
Old 20 Dec 2009, 08:27 (Ref:2602620)   #56
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencer View Post

Cam is a bit dry and nasally in his TV presentation, but he wasn't presenting a variety show in primetime, and his knowledge of what had happened in qualifying was always well researched and seemed spot on, which is all I ask for.
Bairdo is probably a nice bloke, but I found his contribution to the LeMans telecast this year embarrassing. I kept wishing he and Rusty would just shut up and cross back to the overseas feed, even though that was full of English private school old boy jokes half the time. Bairdos floundering explanation of the different classes in GT and Prototype made me want to cover my ears. He will really have to do his research to equal Cam on the GP coverage.
Old 21 Dec 2009, 02:54 (Ref:2603036)   #57
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Shoe-in for Top Gear Australia?
Top Gear hosts have to be clowns. Idiots is you like. As much humourists as knowledgeable motoring experts. McConville's TV persona is too conservative for the format. He'd be a better fit on 'Aussie' Fifth Gear, which of course does not exist.
Old 21 Dec 2009, 06:24 (Ref:2603064)   #58
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder if it was as simple as Baird being cheaper to employ?

Is Dazz still employed by 9?
Old 26 Dec 2009, 07:06 (Ref:2605092)   #59
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore View Post
Top Gear hosts have to be clowns. Idiots is you like. As much humourists as knowledgeable motoring experts.
So their new host Mr. Shane Warne fits into those conventions... How?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 29 Dec 2009, 05:33 (Ref:2605851)   #60
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Ch 9 bosses are idiots?
Old 29 Dec 2009, 06:10 (Ref:2605852)   #61
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Top Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Ch 9 bosses are idiots?
Warney has popular appeal & will attract viewers .. no one in Oz motorsport fills that bill.
Old 29 Dec 2009, 06:22 (Ref:2605856)   #62
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
Warney has popular appeal & will attract viewers .. no one in Oz motorsport fills that bill.
IMO he will work well,he is and comes from a car family.
Old 29 Dec 2009, 07:37 (Ref:2605866)   #63
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
Bairdo is probably a nice bloke, but I found his contribution to the LeMans telecast this year embarrassing. I kept wishing he and Rusty would just shut up and cross back to the overseas feed
Bairdos floundering explanation of the different classes in GT and Prototype made me want to cover my ears. He will really have to do his research to equal Cam on the GP coverage.
Agree with that, I went back to the live stream, rather than listen to Baird waffling on about a category that he should be well versed in. McConville wasn't perfect but at least he was confident in what he was talking about. Good luck to him for his future, I still think there is a spot for him in TV commentary. As others have stated, 7 should get rid of White and Cam would be a good replacement, although that would not fit in with their cross promotion crap that they push.
Old 29 Dec 2009, 07:54 (Ref:2605867)   #64
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is there a bigger idiot on Australian sport?

Probably a lot bigger I suppose but you get the point. Also Warne is a Ch.9 personality. Nine don't take on any new shows unless they can put one of their network stars in front of it.
Old 3 Jan 2010, 05:06 (Ref:2607510)   #65
dip it
Rookie

dip it should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Thats a surprise! I'm quite disappointed-Cam did a good job with F1, I wonder why they've decided to replace him? He sounds quite disappointed himself, shame for him, hopefully he continues in the media somewhere.
Maybe he got caught talking to a rival network.
Old 2 Jul 2010, 06:11 (Ref:2721008)   #66
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Comeback Pending?

Just because someone misses it, doesnt necessarily mean he shall be competitive..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 2 Jul 2010, 13:58 (Ref:2721147)   #67
marty71
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
marty71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Mr "Kenny" Shane Jacobson to host Top Gear OZ
Old 2 Jul 2010, 17:08 (Ref:2721213)   #68
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Comeback Pending?

Just because someone misses it, doesnt necessarily mean he shall be competitive..
On a race weekend I can't imagine preparing for an F1 broadcast like he often was(so he said previously).

Whether it was for monetary reasons assuming he wasn't that highly paid in V8's or just to make sure the resume was primed for a role after driving was over or just because he wanted to do it, overall it seemed like too much hassle trying to juggle all that at one time with driving.

I tend to believe as a driver that you have to have total focus on driving to end up being successful. Once you start adding businesses, wives, kids, media commitments, being a team owner or manager, girlfriends on the side, etc. it contributes to loosing focus on the task at hand in the car.
Old 4 Jul 2010, 03:28 (Ref:2721647)   #69
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Seemed to do OK in his last outing.