Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Jul 2010, 10:25 (Ref:2725997)   #101
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Punters have just returned and hats off to the organisers. We had a fantastic 5 days up there. The dramas last year with the lack of dunnies and over track bridges were both fixed. (the portable dunnies even had handwash in them - bit different to Bathurst!!!)

Saturday's V8 race was a bit pedestrian but Sunday was much better.

Must say the run along the back from turn 3 to turn 10 has some perfect viewing and I reckon turn 5 into 6 is the standout area on the circuit.

On track commentary was terrific and there are ample speakers.

Other categories had OK racing although the Minis are like Stilnox and put us all to sleep. Utes were great.

Long delays between races though, and as talented as Mr Bolger and Mr Mingay are, I'm a bit over drifting utes and monos on motorbikes.

The INXS show was amazing. JD does a great job of sounding enough like Hutchence to be believable while still putting his own spin on the oldies. The instrumental of Don't Change was a classic! (can't say the same about Shortlist the support band...they were awful!)

Agree with sizzle, general admission is fine and we sat on the grassy knolls around the back of the circuit and had great views and the big screen. Craps all over Adelaide and Indy for ease of viewing. Grandstand seats? Not for me. Especially the one opposite the pits out in the hot sun.

Plenty of foodstalls, and plenty of bars ($5.70 for XXXX Gold though) The merchandise areas were well spread out and easy to get around. There is just so much space there!

And as for Townsville? Some great Pubs. Standouts for us were the new Exchange, the Watermark, the Australian and the Marlin on Magnetic Island. We rented a house in town and walked everywhere.

Ran into Lee Holdsworth and Michael Caruso and Will Davison at the airport in BrisVegas yesterday too...
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 14 Jul 2010, 01:37 (Ref:2726374)   #102
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
I'm guessing this is in reference to Davisons comment about the Giz breaking his steering 'even more'. Or something like that when they were having their pack battle. Giz got the better of him, thats all, Will didn't like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
I believe Will after steering himself into Shane's B pillar radioed through to the team that Shane had broken his steering.........again
Just watched the race again, the comment that i guess was referred to was the 2nd bit saying 'steerings ****ed'.

I'm a big fan of saing it as it is, can't see a problem with it (keeping in mind any viewer surely uses such words....)
Old 14 Jul 2010, 07:01 (Ref:2726407)   #103
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
His headlight was ok though Must mean his V8 Supercar was ok...
Old 14 Jul 2010, 07:15 (Ref:2726411)   #104
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
might be what you want, just near the end

at about 2.25

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
What was his comment, I must have missed it....
Old 14 Jul 2010, 11:36 (Ref:2726500)   #105
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Check my reply 2 posts up
Old 14 Jul 2010, 12:34 (Ref:2726529)   #106
TerryK
Racer

TerryK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pussy drivers, over ruled ?

During the 2nd race I heard a driver radio the pits & complain about a touch..can't remember who or what & don't care but I point is Has the racing become a bit pussy like & over ruled ?

I watched the BTCC on one & boy real racing, as long as the car still drives it's going to the finish.
Overtake, undertake, sideways up the inside, guards, bumpers hanging off & not a black flag or cruise the pitlane anywhere to be seen. Have we gone too far & made spoilt brat's even more spoilt ?
Old 14 Jul 2010, 21:57 (Ref:2726814)   #107
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
toughen up sooky lal la's

think your right terry
Old 14 Jul 2010, 23:27 (Ref:2726852)   #108
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's an interesting point in that article, in that V8 Supercar is following the same intra-team ruling as Formula One.

It had not occurred to me that Formula One has the same regulation.
Old 14 Jul 2010, 23:50 (Ref:2726862)   #109
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so what team whinged asking for a review of the initial finding? you would expect it would only be one of the top teams who stood to gain from any reduction in points towards the championship? And given the result of Winton, you would also expect that team (for a change) wouldn't be HRT... which leaves FPR, SBR and 888, or possibly GRM for the team championship?

sour grapes from FPR for Courtney's recent comments? who knows, but I would hope not.
Old 15 Jul 2010, 01:30 (Ref:2726893)   #110
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Has the racing become a bit pussy like & over ruled ?

I watched the BTCC on one & boy real racing, as long as the car still drives it's going to the finish.
Overtake, undertake, sideways up the inside, guards, bumpers hanging off & not a black flag or cruise the pitlane anywhere to be seen. Have we gone too far & made spoilt brat's even more spoilt ?
Bingo!

I find it hilarious you can get the meatball flag for a small bit of loose bodywork like diffuser and then still when its not even your fault!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaahah
Old 15 Jul 2010, 08:52 (Ref:2726998)   #111
TerryK
Racer

TerryK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevan-L View Post
Bingo!

I find it hilarious you can get the meatball flag for a small bit of loose bodywork like diffuser and then still when its not even your fault!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaahah
That's correct, have a look at the BTCC....makes me think our V8SC s becoming nanna racing.
Bit of plastic hanging off, pitlane, bit of a tap, pitlane, if they keep this up they may as well draw the winner from a hat & no one will be injured, hang on have we got a "risk assessment" for the hat ?
Old 16 Jul 2010, 12:28 (Ref:2727523)   #112
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, but up here we complain about BTCC being dodgems, all biff and bash and no racing and with a complete absence of any meaningful refereeing. Drivers whinge and moan about other people's dodgy tactics and then go out and do the same. Appalling driving standards then percolate down to other series.

Clearly there's a middle ground which accepts some contact is intevitable but should never be deliberate or careless.

As for bits falling off following minor contact causing a black flag, maybe if they weren't made of such flimsy stuff they'd stay on.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 01:51 (Ref:2727854)   #113
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Its getting better in V8s, in some respects. eg readdresses.

The only bull**** thing lately has been is black flags for mist, or diffusers.
In the case for the later, if a car is black flagged for a part falling off the car, the car responsible for that contact should be given a drive through. ATM the system is basically 'dislodge parts of all 28 other cars and just wait for them to be blackflagged.....'
Old 17 Jul 2010, 05:40 (Ref:2727871)   #114
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just finished watching recording of race1, the enforcer and Jason Richards certainly put in a good drive from down the back of the field. Pity the enforcer can't qualify a bit further up the grid, nice to see the old guy still likes to race.

Bright's demise was a bit unfortunate in race 1 and also in race 2.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 21:38 (Ref:2728260)   #115
scr
Rookie

Australia
Australia
scr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In The carsguide section of Fridays telegraph here in sydney, James phelps wrote a 2 or 3 line piece about a certain driver not seeing eye to eye with team manager and was almost pulled from the car. Any idea who he is talking about?
Old 17 Jul 2010, 23:46 (Ref:2728301)   #116
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
sounds like murph and Morris to be, but a total guess
Old 18 Jul 2010, 00:09 (Ref:2728302)   #117
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
sounds like murph and Morris to be, but a total guess
Care to elaborate? Theres lotsa drivers who have ego's (and some doing worse than murph in what you'd consider better machinery eg BRR drivers...)
Old 18 Jul 2010, 02:22 (Ref:2728317)   #118
scr
Rookie

Australia
Australia
scr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Care to elaborate? Theres lotsa drivers who have ego's (and some doing worse than murph in what you'd consider better machinery eg BRR drivers...)
Sorry, he did say an experieced driver in the series and that the team manager was using lack of fitness/injury as reason for being unable to drive. i thought it seemed a strange bit to write but curiousity got the better off me as to who it might have been.
Old 18 Jul 2010, 07:43 (Ref:2728359)   #119
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Maybe you would care to elaborate, who are those drivers doing worse than murph in better machinery?

murph is 25th. not too many drivers behind him and he is getting smacked by his team mate in equal machinery

but that aside my comment was based on murph being an outspoken driver and paul morirs having a history of dumping drivers and being outspoken against his drivers
Old 18 Jul 2010, 11:55 (Ref:2728417)   #120
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Maybe you would care to elaborate, who are those drivers doing worse than murph in better machinery?

murph is 25th. not too many drivers behind him and he is getting smacked by his team mate in equal machinery

but that aside my comment was based on murph being an outspoken driver and paul morirs having a history of dumping drivers and being outspoken against his drivers
I was after a link, but thanks anyway
Old 18 Jul 2010, 11:58 (Ref:2728419)   #121
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
as i said, total guess
Old 18 Jul 2010, 23:30 (Ref:2728784)   #122
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well if it were an experienced driver who got injured, that can narrow it down to S Johnson and J Richards?

Wasnt there one other driver with an injury?
Old 18 Jul 2010, 23:37 (Ref:2728789)   #123
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It would not be a surprise if the issue was with Mr Johnson, but nobody seems to believe that team is a fire cracker with the touchpaper lit...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 18 Jul 2010, 23:47 (Ref:2728794)   #124
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Thought i heard S Richards also had an injury (although minor)
Old 20 Jul 2010, 10:34 (Ref:2729541)   #125
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or perhaps Mr Phelps is writing with his usual degree of truth?