Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 1 Jun 2002, 21:58 (Ref:302534)   #1
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jo Kraemer York City Racer??

Didn't hear the whole story - what's this all about?
Old 2 Jun 2002, 17:19 (Ref:302866)   #2
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
According to our Mr Redshoes it's a tie up with the women's football team for a prospective sponsorship deal and as this actually refers to the Clios, I'll move this topic to the National Racing forum.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 13:38 (Ref:304433)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, Jo is the first lady racer to receive support from York City Racing. The decals were not produced in time for Silverstone, but as of the next round she will be racing in a car sporting the colours of York City Ladies Football Club. Being based in York she was the obvious initial recruit, but expect an announcement of another lady driver shortly...
Old 4 Jun 2002, 15:51 (Ref:304539)   #4
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Joanna Clarke maybe? Raced with John last year of course ...
Old 4 Jun 2002, 15:54 (Ref:304541)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Nope. It is going to be a driver currently competing in national level motorsport... keep your eyes peeled on the toring car team's website for an announcement when things are finalised.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 16:26 (Ref:304580)   #6
Snapperjack
Racer

Snapperjack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about the extremely impressive formula renault driver Katherine Legge of Fortec Motorsport?
Old 4 Jun 2002, 16:49 (Ref:304597)   #7
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
Yes, Jo is the first lady racer to receive support from York City Racing. The decals were not produced in time for Silverstone, but as of the next round she will be racing in a car sporting the colours of York City Ladies Football Club. Being based in York she was the obvious initial recruit,
This has got to be a joke! Why sponsor the worst female driver currently racing in UK?
Old 4 Jun 2002, 17:15 (Ref:304612)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I feel that is somewhat unfair. This is Jo's first year of competition and the Clio can be quite a car to get to grips with at the best of times. Give her a chance.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 19:43 (Ref:304728)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
................ This is Jo's first year of competition and the Clio can be quite a car to get to grips with at the best of times.
Not having witnessed her prowess I won't commment about her abilities. I do have a question though. If this is her first year of racing ever. And she's in what is a semi professional championship. How on earth did she get the drive?
Old 4 Jun 2002, 19:51 (Ref:304738)   #10
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Same way all the other drivers in the series I presume... she paid for it.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 19:55 (Ref:304742)   #11
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nope. It is going to be a driver currently competing in national level motorsport... keep your eyes peeled on the toring car team's website for an announcement when things are finalised.
OK, Katherine Legge then ...
Old 5 Jun 2002, 07:00 (Ref:305022)   #12
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry if I was a bit harsh,I have yet to see Ms Kraemer race but based my comment on the results to date -dead last! Also I agree anyone should have some racing experience before being allowed to enter a professional televised series.Why should anyone expect to find a sponsor to START in a sport?
Re last post hope this does not mean Katherine is going to be diverted to Touring cars.
Candidates for my 'holy grail' female drivers worth sponsoring with a view to ending up in F1:
Katherine Legge
Suzie Stoddart
Janine Payne
Julie Clark
Sarah Kavanagh
Amanda Whitaker

Last edited by Rob29; 5 Jun 2002 at 07:02.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 08:12 (Ref:305050)   #13
Spinner
Racer

Spinner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amanda Whitiker would get my vote for the sponsorship, if it were up to me. She will be racing in Caterham Superlights next year along with her boyfriend Anthony Dunn.
Her website is www.amandawhitaker.com
Old 5 Jun 2002, 20:00 (Ref:305603)   #14
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Forgive me, but surely it's a bit arbitrary, this distinction between televised and untelevised series? If a sponsor is willing, why on earth should anyone not take on a drive and run the risk of looking clumsy on National TV? By this reckoning, a beginner has less right to a drive in the Super Coupe Cup (televised by Sky) than in Thoroughbred Grand Prix (TV deal still pending with MotorsTV).

A one-make tintop series seems the perfect way to see if your skills match up at anything like a professional level to me, and if by some quirk of fate, a sponsor wants to support you and a TV company wants to promote it, then all the better. So the stakes are a little higher if you make a mess of it, but why on earth not try?
Old 6 Jun 2002, 07:10 (Ref:306030)   #15
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Point I was trying to make was that in any sport everyone starts as an amateur. Who would pay to see kids play football for the first time? There are many low budget tin top series at club meetings with almost no spectators to start in.