Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 26 May 2013, 18:39 (Ref:3253575)   #1
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
BRSCC Oulton, May 25th.

I know this meeting's covered by another thread, but I think it deserves its own.

That was a good day's racing! The weather helped - first time this year I've mentioned sun protection in my briefing!

I had a great day at Shell. My thanks to an excellent team who dealt with some serious incidents quickly & professionally. Well done!

My pork pie theory is now under revision . . . looks like mini pork pies do work after all!

Bit smoky, them diesels, aren't they Jim?
Old 26 May 2013, 18:54 (Ref:3253581)   #2
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i had a good but different day. big thanks to all who my friend Mark ran into in the day and to nadine and margaret for letting me sign on halfway through the day so we could do the charity stuff in the morning. this was the first time mark had been to a race circuit and was only there to meet martin short in the formula fords who has put marks charity logo on his car. he loved it that much in the mornin he disapeared at lunch and returned with two others from the charity to show them everything. he will be back to watch more lol.
good afternoon on lakeside, despite the best attempts of people on post my shiny new overalls are still shiny. see you all tommorow
Old 26 May 2013, 19:21 (Ref:3253608)   #3
hayesy P
Rookie

hayesy P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a really good day at Shell, great weather, excellent racing and as Dave said, I really good team well done everyone, just hope the the mini racing driver in the second race, manages to get things sorted and get out racing again soon
Old 26 May 2013, 19:50 (Ref:3253623)   #4
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayesy P View Post
Had a really good day at Shell, great weather, excellent racing and as Dave said, I really good team well done everyone, just hope the the mini racing driver in the second race, manages to get things sorted and get out racing again soon
how you mean, was it another big hit down there, you lot were non stop right from the start
Old 28 May 2013, 15:28 (Ref:3254547)   #5
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
A good set of photos here:

http://s253.photobucket.com/user/hap...2336b.jpg.html

taken with my spare ticket!

Note the white flag . . .
Old 28 May 2013, 17:35 (Ref:3254630)   #6
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
taken with my spare ticket!
Awesome, I've never had a ticket that would do that, I've always had to take a camera.
Old 28 May 2013, 17:54 (Ref:3254643)   #7
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Awesome, I've never had a ticket that would do that, I've always had to take a camera.
I set 'em up, you knock 'em down!
Old 28 May 2013, 20:25 (Ref:3254691)   #8
matlockscot
Rookie

matlockscot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a quick thank you to the team up at Island / Hislops for feeding me (Cadbury mini roll!) after my car (Sports 2000 no 67) ground to a halt in our first race. Managed to resolve the problem for race 2 and start from the back (battery terminals!)
Old 28 May 2013, 20:46 (Ref:3254707)   #9
chrisjt1985
Racer

England
Bury
chrisjt1985 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
Note the white flag . . .
I must be a driver in waiting as I didn't see the white flag on my first look through...
Old 28 May 2013, 20:48 (Ref:3254710)   #10
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by matlockscot View Post
Just a quick thank you to the team up at Island / Hislops for feeding me (Cadbury mini roll!) after my car (Sports 2000 no 67) ground to a halt in our first race. Managed to resolve the problem for race 2 and start from the back (battery terminals!)
That's properly made me laugh.

I think the marshals should start charging. That's a mini roll and a fag (Silverstone 2010) that you've pilfered from us generous folk.
Old 29 May 2013, 19:15 (Ref:3255126)   #11
matlockscot
Rookie

matlockscot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D View Post

I think the marshals should start charging. That's a mini roll and a fag (Silverstone 2010) that you've pilfered from us generous folk.
And both were much appreciated!
Old 30 May 2013, 00:20 (Ref:3255250)   #12
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D View Post

That's a posh marshal who brings his Fag with him to the meeting. I guess you wouldn't want to do your own sweeping.