Old 1 Oct 2013, 20:22 (Ref:3311640)   #1
Pitsmarion
Rookie

Guernsey
Huntingdon
Pitsmarion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snetterton w/e Oct 5/6 traffic delays

Hello,

To anyone going to Snetterton this weekend Oct 5/6 for the MGCC racing, and travelling from the Cambridge end, please be aware there are overnight road closures scheduled for A11 from Red Lodge to Barton Mills. The closures are due between 10pm and 6am on Fri/Sat, Sat/Sun and Sun/Mon. These are part of the overall A11 improvement work, which is also causing general slow traffic and single-lane driving along all this section of A11 as both ways are sharing one carriageway of some dual carriageway sections.

The details are on the Highways Agency website
http://www.highways.gov.uk/roads/roa...d-improvement/

Hope to see you there.
Cheers
Marion
Old 2 Oct 2013, 00:12 (Ref:3311709)   #2
Andrew Palmer
Veteran

England
Peterborough
Andrew Palmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Road works on A14 Junction 36 (A11 Newmarket) are in also place West bound 2000 to 0600 over the weekend.

This may effect those travelling from Cambridge, Huntingdon and beyond
Old 2 Oct 2013, 12:19 (Ref:3311852)   #3
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitsmarion View Post
Hello,

To anyone going to Snetterton this weekend Oct 5/6 for the MGCC racing, and travelling from the Cambridge end, please be aware there are overnight road closures scheduled for A11 from Red Lodge to Barton Mills. The closures are due between 10pm and 6am on Fri/Sat, Sat/Sun and Sun/Mon. These are part of the overall A11 improvement work, which is also causing general slow traffic and single-lane driving along all this section of A11 as both ways are sharing one carriageway of some dual carriageway sections.

The details are on the Highways Agency website
http://www.highways.gov.uk/roads/roa...d-improvement/

Hope to see you there.
Cheers
Marion
I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding you but as I understand it, Barton Mills roundabout will close at 10pm on Friday and not re-open until 6am Monday morning. This is only north bound this weekend, more details here http://assets.highways.gov.uk/roads/...tober-2013.pdf
Old 2 Oct 2013, 18:18 (Ref:3311944)   #4
peter195001
Racer

peter195001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding you but as I understand it, Barton Mills roundabout will close at 10pm on Friday and not re-open until 6am Monday morning. This is only north bound this weekend, more details here http://assets.highways.gov.uk/roads/...tober-2013.pdf
yea, north bound this weekend, is way me also read that, next weekend, another sectoin, (south bound) closed, and third setoin weekend (south bound) after, middle one not issue, as not going any where close, final one will....short term pain......Long term gain.....
Old 2 Oct 2013, 19:58 (Ref:3311967)   #5
Pitsmarion
Rookie

Guernsey
Huntingdon
Pitsmarion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I agree with you, your link definitely says it is closed all weekend, whereas my link implies it is closed only overnight each night. I'll plan on your link, and add extra time for going further on the A14. Thanks for the correction!!!!

Marion
Old 2 Oct 2013, 20:38 (Ref:3311974)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Highways agency also say the slip off the A14 to A11 will be closed for road works until 6am on Saturday, I'm not sure they know what's going on tbh.
We have Mike Bell to thank for the other link
Old 2 Oct 2013, 20:57 (Ref:3311985)   #7
Andrew Palmer
Veteran

England
Peterborough
Andrew Palmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Palmer View Post
Road works on A14 Junction 36 (A11 Newmarket) are in also place West bound 2000 to 0600 over the weekend.

This may effect those travelling from Cambridge, Huntingdon and beyond
Sorry I have given the wrong junction number it is junction 38 A11/A14.