Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 25 Aug 2012, 18:53 (Ref:3124696)   #576
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Did you specify the optional indicators garcon?

(Stereotype post done for the day!)
Old 25 Aug 2012, 19:22 (Ref:3124702)   #577
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can confirm the indicators have been disconnected.

At one point during the test drive I briefly dropped character and let someone out of a junction. The resulting confusion led to a two mile tailback.
Old 31 Dec 2012, 12:11 (Ref:3183281)   #578
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VW Lupo TDI, I love this car, small but gutsy engine that's great on fuel, and £30/year tax I wish i'd have got one earlier but wasted my money on hateful crap like the Mk. 3 Golf (1 driver and 1 8v GTi)
Old 31 Dec 2012, 14:07 (Ref:3183297)   #579
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post

At one point during the test drive I briefly dropped character and let someone out of a junction. The resulting confusion led to a two mile tailback.
Ah,so it was you who bought it!
No doubt you have already discovered the truth about these stories being circulated by people who wish they could afford one or eighty year old pensioners who need an armchair?
Old 31 Dec 2012, 14:10 (Ref:3183299)   #580
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Ah,so it was you who bought it!
No doubt you have already discovered the truth about these stories being circulated by people who wish they could afford one or eighty year old pensioners who need an armchair?

Funnily enough,followed some dyed blond, air brained bint who obviously didnt have a spare brain cell that told her what the long stick thing on the side below the twirly thing did, earlier this morning.
Old 31 Dec 2012, 14:15 (Ref:3183302)   #581
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMW 120d sport. 163 bhp rear wheel drive fun.
Old 31 Dec 2012, 16:43 (Ref:3183334)   #582
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
365 is even better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P280612_12.10.jpg (1.83 MB, 24 views)
Old 31 Dec 2012, 21:57 (Ref:3183406)   #583
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
365 is even better.
305 ain't bad - see my avatar! Especially when you get to drive it here:

http://www.dealsgap.com/

More a "so what did you drive" than a "so what do you drive", though . . . just a holiday rental.
Old 31 Dec 2012, 22:02 (Ref:3183407)   #584
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Zs quite good around Nurburgring.
Old 26 Jun 2013, 03:14 (Ref:3269812)   #585
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
I have the utility version of Johnh's car. A Ford BA Falcon. I don't know how to post a picture, so here's a link to the manufacturer's page http://ford.com.au/range/falconute/models/xlute.aspe.
After 8 years of loyal service and over 200,000km (130,000 miles) I have finally traded it in on a new one.

2012 Ford FG series II XR6 ute in Vanish (v.dark blue pearlescent).

2 seats, 195kW (260hp), 4.0 DOHC 24v inline 6 with 6 speed auto, sports suspension and 245/40/18 Dunlop tyres.

Tray is 1.8m (6') long with 1.2m (4') flat floor between the wheel arches. Payload is 550kg (1200lb) and I've had a heavy duty tow bar fitted, with a capacity of 2300kg (5000lb).
Old 26 Jun 2013, 04:07 (Ref:3269822)   #586
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
After 8 years of loyal service and over 200,000km (130,000 miles) I have finally traded it in on a new one.

2012 Ford FG series II XR6 ute in Vanish (v.dark blue pearlescent).

2 seats, 195kW (260hp), 4.0 DOHC 24v inline 6 with 6 speed auto, sports suspension and 245/40/18 Dunlop tyres.

Tray is 1.8m (6') long with 1.2m (4') flat floor between the wheel arches. Payload is 550kg (1200lb) and I've had a heavy duty tow bar fitted, with a capacity of 2300kg (5000lb).
Very, very cool. I love Aussie cars and I guess you better get you a new Falcon while you can. I just configured one to see what it looks like, but if you can post a photo I would love to see it.

1200lb payload? Damn. My truck is 1500lbs and I thought that was something...
Old 1 Nov 2013, 09:03 (Ref:3325830)   #587
Dragger
Racer

Dragger has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Currently a Ford Mustang GT.

Dream cars? Ford GT40(replica of course), 2000 Dodge Viper GTS, and any modern Aston Martin, British Racing Green of course. Also have a thing for Porsche Caymen.
Old 1 Nov 2013, 11:14 (Ref:3325868)   #588
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragger View Post
Currently a Ford Mustang GT.

Dream cars? Ford GT40(replica of course), 2000 Dodge Viper GTS, and any modern Aston Martin, British Racing Green of course. Also have a thing for Porsche Caymen.
Caymen? So, you want more than one?
Old 1 Nov 2013, 12:21 (Ref:3325892)   #589
Dragger
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
Caymen? So, you want more than one?
LOL! Now that you mention it...
Old 2 Nov 2013, 11:16 (Ref:3326251)   #590
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I drive a 2010 Abarth 500 EsseEsse 160. It's a wee pocket rocket.
Old 14 Nov 2013, 11:10 (Ref:3331205)   #591
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So glad I switched to an oil burner for use during the week. The Fabia has been brilliant so far and has resulted in me loving driving my Subaru even more at the weekend.

Few little cosmetic tweaks made to the Scoob, but nothing major.

Old 14 Nov 2013, 11:39 (Ref:3331222)   #592
Dragger
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
So glad I switched to an oil burner for use during the week. The Fabia has been brilliant so far and has resulted in me loving driving my Subaru even more at the weekend.

Few little cosmetic tweaks made to the Scoob, but nothing major.

One of these days I hope to own one of those, combination of turbo and AWD sounds like fun and appeals to me. Looks good.

Favorite Cars: Aston Martin Vantage, Ford GT40, Porsche Cayman, and anything not FWD ;)
Old 14 Nov 2013, 11:45 (Ref:3331224)   #593
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good thing for you is that the later US spec is similar to the UK spec - 2.5 litre turbo rather than the Japanese spec 2 litre twin scroll turbo. Means more torque and it still has some of the old off beat burble.

I've had five or six Imprezas/WRXs of various descriptions. Part of me still hankers for one of the very last UK cars (or a decent P1), even though they've been left behind by European stuff now.
Old 14 Nov 2013, 12:00 (Ref:3331230)   #594
Dragger
Racer

Quote:
Good thing for you is that the later US spec is similar to the UK spec - 2.5 litre turbo rather than the Japanese spec 2 litre twin scroll turbo. Means more torque and it still has some of the old off beat burble.

I've had five or six Imprezas/WRXs of various descriptions. Part of me still hankers for one of the very last UK cars (or a decent P1), even though they've been left behind by European stuff now.
How do you feel about the current generation WRX? I've considered getting one for years. Do you have any info on the next gen? I've heard rumors of it being a dedicated two door sportscar.

Favorite Cars: Aston Martin Vantage, Ford GT40, Porsche Cayman, and anything not FWD ;)
Old 14 Nov 2013, 13:24 (Ref:3331254)   #595
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Don't know much about the next gen car (or whether we'll see it in the UK). Pictures suggest a sleek four door coupe type design (think Merc CLA).

I had a 2008 STI hatchback. A step up in refinement and performance from the old saloon, but too softly sprung. The 2010 onwards saloon STI was better with Jap spec C suspension. In the UK we had a power upgrade option to 340bhp.
Old 14 Nov 2013, 13:34 (Ref:3331260)   #596
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Distracted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Skoda Octivia estate. Nothing too exciting but it's comfy, has a huge boot and is also pretty quick.
Old 14 Nov 2013, 13:52 (Ref:3331274)   #597
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
'02 Land Rover Freelander with 169K miles on the clock is my daily driver. Thank god I have a great Brit mechanic that can look after her. She's a little finicky.

My wife has a Buick Insignia (Regal) w/2.0 T. IMO, it's much better than the A4 2.0 T it replaced.

Garage Queen is a '90 944 S2 Cabriolet.
Old 14 Nov 2013, 14:03 (Ref:3331281)   #598
Vepe
Rookie

Finland
Vepe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2002 Saab 9-3 Diesel

Works fine, goes fine, pretty good car overall. Former owner was Jari Ketomaa, some of you might have heard of him
Old 14 Nov 2013, 14:05 (Ref:3331283)   #599
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I believe the USDM 2.5L is a superior specification to the UK 2.5L. Personally I would steer clear of any Type UK model after 2007, not due to the styling, but due to the horror stories with regards to the 2.5L STi. Plus the 2.5L cars all got equal length headers, so hardly any burble.

I still really fancy a stripped two door classic Impreza, but the price of the two door classics is rising and the newages are falling, so it would be throwing good money away swapping at the moment.

Failing that would love an '07 Spec C. The JDM cars don't have the Impreza burble, but they do still use the trusty EJ20. I understand the forthcoming Impreza (or rather "WRX") is to revert to a 2.0L engine again.
Old 14 Nov 2013, 14:19 (Ref:3331288)   #600
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I believe the USDM 2.5L is a superior specification to the UK 2.5L. Personally I would steer clear of any Type UK model after 2007, not due to the styling, but due to the horror stories with regards to the 2.5L STi. Plus the 2.5L cars all got equal length headers, so hardly any burble.
Not sure about the first bit - must admit I thought it was basically the same block but tuned slightly differently for emissions and fuel.

As for the 2.5 STI horror stories, there were certainly some - 'chocolate pistons' was a phrase I heard more than once - but there weren't that many warranty claims with Subaru UK. I do think the waters were muddied by failures to modified engines running on low RON fuel.