Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Jul 2014, 14:17 (Ref:3432193)   #1
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezPutz View Post
The irony is if every series went and did what this board complains about every series would be the same then we would decry that.
Most of the series already are exactly the same with GT3 formula dominating 90% of the sportscar series, either as sole class or headliner. I cannot distinguish any of the current SRO or national series or even things like IGTO, they are all the same and as confusing as the spec single seater ladder to F1. GT3 coming to North America isn't exactly helping in that

So doing whatever we wished wouldn't change the mindset that much

Last edited by Deleted; 9 Jul 2014 at 14:27.
Old 9 Jul 2014, 16:42 (Ref:3432215)   #2
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"The irony is if every series went and did what this board complains about ..."

They are already doing what we complain about ... that's why we are complaining.

PWC seems to have a working formula.We shall see if and how the proposed enduros work out.

Some people think "Blancpain USA" would be a real hit---cars people recognize, close racing, long enough events for things to develop but short enough that people can commit to watching the whole race.
Old 9 Jul 2014, 19:28 (Ref:3432248)   #3
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
PWC could limit cost of refueling for the 'desired' enduros (yes please!) by doing that a la Zolder and Dubai 24 hours in a separate refueling area with 4-6 regular pomps instead of the more expensive, individual pit box devices.

Any of the US tracks have such an area?
Old 9 Jul 2014, 19:48 (Ref:3432258)   #4
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
PWC could limit cost of refueling for the 'desired' enduros (yes please!) by doing that a la Zolder and Dubai 24 hours in a separate refueling area with 4-6 regular pomps instead of the more expensive, individual pit box devices.

Any of the US tracks have such an area?
I think that only works in a 24hour race when things can play out over a relatively long time... in the 3 hour races, pit windows tend to be much less separated, so cars that couldn't find a free pump when coming in would be at a massive handicap.
Old 9 Jul 2014, 20:59 (Ref:3432282)   #5
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
The refueling equipment is a miniscule cost in an endurance race. The current season runs 850 minutes of race time. One single 6 hour race will add 360 minutes to that figure and a 10 hour race will add 600 minutes to that figure.

Not to mention the investment in pit equipment (fast air guns for tire changes are expensive, most PWC teams use slower and cheaper guns) which would only be required for a handful of events is not a good use of money.

You're looking at more then doubling a season budget by just adding a single 6 Hour race to the schedule. It's the dumbest idea I've heard for the PWC series and as soon as the teams do the math they'll give it a big middle finger.

If SCCA Pro Racing wants to run/sanction some endurance races with GT3 cars I'd be all for it and totally support them (but probably not with my wallet), but the current Pirelli World Challenge series is no place for it.

-mike
Old 9 Jul 2014, 23:58 (Ref:3432328)   #6
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
The refueling equipment is a miniscule cost in an endurance race. The current season runs 850 minutes of race time. One single 6 hour race will add 360 minutes to that figure and a 10 hour race will add 600 minutes to that figure.

Not to mention the investment in pit equipment (fast air guns for tire changes are expensive, most PWC teams use slower and cheaper guns) which would only be required for a handful of events is not a good use of money.

You're looking at more then doubling a season budget by just adding a single 6 Hour race to the schedule. It's the dumbest idea I've heard for the PWC series and as soon as the teams do the math they'll give it a big middle finger.

If SCCA Pro Racing wants to run/sanction some endurance races with GT3 cars I'd be all for it and totally support them (but probably not with my wallet), but the current Pirelli World Challenge series is no place for it.

-mike
Impossible to argue against your reason Mike. I think everyone here simply wants SCCA Pro Racing to sanction a GT3 enduro, nothing more than that. Having a GT3 6 hour race at Laguna Seca would be on par with Bathurst...or as close as NA can really get.