Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Nov 2015, 13:11 (Ref:3594181)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dragon Motor Racing 2016-style

Hmmmmmm....

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 29 Nov 2015, 20:54 (Ref:3594256)   #2
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe this year Santa will put some reality in their stocking?
Old 1 Dec 2015, 09:20 (Ref:3594659)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Maybe this year Santa will put some reality in their stocking?

Big announcement next week apparently..
Old 1 Dec 2015, 10:36 (Ref:3594686)   #4
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where are the RECs coming from?

Or are they just talking up another attempt at DVS?
Old 1 Dec 2015, 12:15 (Ref:3594703)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Where are the RECs coming from?

Dunlop series seems the goal, but you just never know.

The Rullo Bros gave been linked to the rides, prepped by LDM..
Old 1 Dec 2015, 12:19 (Ref:3594705)   #6
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Dragon the Australian version of Team Kiwi Racing of a few years ago? Grand plans and big dreams, but no money to back them up?
Old 1 Dec 2015, 12:20 (Ref:3594706)   #7
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Sounds to me like they are running a DVS campaign in cahoots with a main game team.
Old 3 Dec 2015, 08:04 (Ref:3595144)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GRM To Enter Dragon VFs in Dunlop Series
Old 3 Dec 2015, 11:53 (Ref:3595181)   #9
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just don't get how you have the reddies to drop a couple of hundred K on cars that don't race...
Old 3 Dec 2015, 12:23 (Ref:3595192)   #10
Umai Naa
Veteran

Because he didn't understand what was involved in actually racing them.
Old 4 Dec 2015, 06:59 (Ref:3595393)   #11
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
With Peckstar's experience in running a race team perhaps he can enlighten us to what costs there might be that aren't immediately obvious.
Old 4 Dec 2015, 08:18 (Ref:3595405)   #12
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
With Peckstar's experience in running a race team perhaps he can enlighten us to what costs there might be that aren't immediately obvious.

Yeah I can't wait to hear those pearls of wisdom
Old 6 Dec 2015, 00:06 (Ref:3595750)   #13
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
How very true. it is amazing the number of race cars that sit idle because the costs to race and maintain them them are not understood before they were bought. I doubt anyone who has not raced can even begin to comprehend the costs associated with running a car.
Old 6 Dec 2015, 04:19 (Ref:3595812)   #14
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
I never said i ran a v8 team, how would I know. Don't be a DH!

However anyone can spend as much as they can afford on a race team, and they don't have to worry about the opinions of moron key board warriors who don't have the balls to do it themselves

Last edited by peckstar; 6 Dec 2015 at 04:27.
Old 7 Dec 2015, 08:06 (Ref:3596069)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
AA are reporting this week that Chelsea Angelo has signed to the 3rd GRM-Dragon seat for 2016
Old 7 Dec 2015, 08:45 (Ref:3596080)   #16
Umai Naa
Veteran

As per rumours a few months back.

The no-Volvo thing is understandable, when they're struggling to keep things like engines alive as it is.

She should do quite well.
Old 7 Dec 2015, 09:41 (Ref:3596093)   #17
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Dragon Motor Racing 2016-style

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
AA are reporting this week that Chelsea Angelo has signed to the 3rd GRM-Dragon seat for 2016

Third seat? I'm under the impression there were only two seats.

Good to hear, that young lady is underrated.
Old 7 Dec 2015, 09:54 (Ref:3596096)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Third seat? I'm under the impression there were only two seats.

Good to hear, that young lady is underrated.
GRm is apparently running this year's VE for Dragon as well..
Old 7 Dec 2015, 10:17 (Ref:3596102)   #19
Umai Naa
Veteran

The only noise I've heard is two cars.

Whether she's done a cut-price deal to run the VE Mr Golding used this year, while he steps up to the CotF VF, we won't know yet. I wouldn't be paying a whole lot of attention to the Dragon press releases on where their cars are being utilised.

Also, it's been suggested that Ms Angelo's gig is self-funded to an admirable degree.
Old 14 Dec 2015, 10:19 (Ref:3597664)   #20
Umai Naa
Veteran

And it is settled.

http://autoaction.com.au/chelsea-ang...04021419653102

Ms Angelo to pilot the VEII Mr Golding utilised this year.
Old 4 Feb 2019, 12:18 (Ref:3881855)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....