Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 24 Mar 2016, 17:59 (Ref:3626825)   #751
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Thanks.

Guess the phrase would be: looks fine I guess. Not much to say, nothing radical.
But not black, red, and white!
Old 24 Mar 2016, 18:07 (Ref:3626833)   #752
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Suppose so.

But I also meant the aero of the "new" car.
Old 24 Mar 2016, 20:38 (Ref:3626881)   #753
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
About liveries quickly, teams need to pay more attention to there very and making it stand out. The fact that I like corvette is that as a kid I could tell which ones they were on TV as they were bright yellow (Same with WR) . Because of that,I spend on much money I don't have on Corvette merchandise so it benefits th on the long run.

Back to Kolles, nothing radical but if they have a better handle on the car now then hopefully they should have some good more reliable runs
Old 25 Mar 2016, 18:24 (Ref:3627213)   #754
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cautiously optimistic Friday for the team I suppose.

Random question: Does Colin Kolles ever actually show his face on the race track with the team? Maybe I've forgotten, but I never remember seeing him with the team and car carrying his name.
Old 26 Mar 2016, 17:23 (Ref:3627570)   #755
Deleted
Veteran

The "new car" isn't actually the "new car".

ByKolles Racing will start the season with an evolution of its 2015-spec CLM P1/01 AER, featuring a new bodykit. Director of operations Boris Bermnes told Sportscar365 they will likely debut a new chassis — which has been under construction — sometime later in the year.
Old 26 Mar 2016, 17:46 (Ref:3627574)   #756
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The "new car" isn't actually the "new car".

ByKolles Racing will start the season with an evolution of its 2015-spec CLM P1/01 AER, featuring a new bodykit. Director of operations Boris Bermnes told Sportscar365 they will likely debut a new chassis — which has been under construction — sometime later in the year.
Introducing the new car mid-season is becoming a bit of a tradition for Kolles.

Still, the old one didn't do too bad a job. The progress is 3.7 seconds compared to last year. Also, the car is 1.5 seconds faster than the Rebellion Lolas were in 2014. They still seem to be a second behind the Rebellion, but well ahead of the LMP2 field.

The progress in LMP1, even the privateers, is remarkable. The Rebellion is now just as fast as the manufacturer cars were in 2014, and the Kolles is not far off. Sure, they're still 4-5 seconds behind the manufacturers, but still, those are the fastest non-factory prototypes ever, and don't forget they're running on a far lower budget.
Old 26 Mar 2016, 18:39 (Ref:3627605)   #757
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
You have to remember, Oli Webb was the only driver at the test. And he's in his first year with the team.
Old 26 Mar 2016, 18:48 (Ref:3627608)   #758
Deleted
Veteran

Maybe if they get both of the "new" chassis ready by late 2016 we might see both entered for LM 2017 then. Previously it had all buzzled me, but it makes more sense now.
Old 26 Mar 2016, 19:26 (Ref:3627625)   #759
templer
Racer

templer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtempler should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hm, the team seems to be quite late in development like the years before and they still don't fill their promises of their PR work. I don't see anything of a new bodywork kit on the Prologue. Will it debut at Silverstone ??
Also the team promised a new chassis necessary to incooperate a new front suspension geometry. Now the team told some guys they have a new front suspension but the new chassis will follow later.

Pretty cool. As usual PR work isn't the strength of ByKolles
Old 26 Mar 2016, 22:06 (Ref:3627666)   #760
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by templer View Post
Pretty cool. As usual PR work isn't the strength of ByKolles
Hmm yes.

The piece they put at the end of their official articles:

Background Info on ByKOLLES Racing Team
ByKOLLES Racing has been competing in motorsport for 15 years and has a wealth of experience and knowledge gained from successful participation in WEC, DTM, Formula One and other formula series. With a new aero package, suspension geometry modifications and performance upgrades throughout, based on the new technical regulations, the team has made real progress on their new prototype race car. The new LMP1 will be unveiled ahead of the official pre-season test session at Paul Ricard in March. Further announcements will be made in due course.

The team has been competing for 15 years? Do all different operations involving Colin Kolles count as one team?

The second sentence, I don't know which iteration of the CLM that is supposed to reflect on in the end?

I guess they were supposed to have the thing ready for HTTT (well originally even earlier) but it got delayed again. Unless the old car running some new body bits counts as new car? That last piece still was there when they signed in Webb.

Last edited by Deleted; 26 Mar 2016 at 22:12.
Old 27 Mar 2016, 10:42 (Ref:3627759)   #761
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The team has been competing for 15 years? Do all different operations involving Colin Kolles count as one team?
Yes - and I think you probably have to include the dentistry in that as well.
Old 27 Mar 2016, 10:46 (Ref:3627762)   #762
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's one continuous team.
Kolles Racing was founded in 2000. It's had a couple of name changes along the way, but nevertheless, it has been going for a decade and a half.
Old 27 Mar 2016, 13:21 (Ref:3627780)   #763
Deleted
Veteran

On and off that is...
Old 27 Mar 2016, 15:05 (Ref:3627798)   #764
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
On and off that is...
Overwhelmingly on.
Only 3 years out of that time when his team didn't race.
So yeah, 12 years racing and 15 of motorsport experience overall.
Old 14 Apr 2016, 12:31 (Ref:3632609)   #765
Deleted
Veteran

The boss never seems to say anything about his operation himself, but finally the time has came!
http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/news/co...746_24446.html

The main goal of the season is "Top 5" at LM, the rest is bonus on side. I like the sound of this. And it's good to have some ambitious planning. Of course, top 5 will "only" require the failure of one factory car + beating Rebellions + beating LMP2, but it's better than just aiming to be there among others and complaining about the pace difference of the factories. They can never be conquered anyway by performance.

They have positive vibe in this team and I enjoy it, even if the results are what they are. Even last year they spoke of how they enjoy LMP1 instead of the spec-and-proam restricted LMP2, and I can see why.
Old 14 Apr 2016, 13:13 (Ref:3632619)   #766
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
beyond skills and quality of drivers and team, I think that the AER engine still suffers of little reliability issues that very likely will prevent kolles and rebellions to finish ahead lmp2 at le mans, and surely also in some of 6h races. As happened last season.
Old 14 Apr 2016, 13:37 (Ref:3632626)   #767
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well they seem to have found a little more speed this years so fingers crossed they will put on a good show from tomorrow
Old 14 Apr 2016, 13:47 (Ref:3632632)   #768
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The main goal of the season is "Top 5" at LM, the rest is bonus on side.
Or did he mean top 5 in LMP1-privateer!
Old 14 Apr 2016, 16:09 (Ref:3632673)   #769
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
beyond skills and quality of drivers and team, I think that the AER engine still suffers of little reliability issues that very likely will prevent kolles and rebellions to finish ahead lmp2 at le mans, and surely also in some of 6h races. As happened last season.
Maybe they've worked around it during the winter? I will only start really worrying if both Kolles and Rebellion suffer AER failures during official timed sessions from now till Le Mans morning warm-up.

Yet again one more reason to be sad that these cars aren't allowed to run at Daytona and/or Sebring (or made-up other 10+ hour event), they and we could have some proper preparation for LM. The chances of these non-factory teams running private 30 hour endurance simulation tests are unlikely, and we wouldn't get any details how they went anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Or did he mean top 5 in LMP1-privateer!
Remember when Deltawing took "P1" "podium"

Last edited by Deleted; 14 Apr 2016 at 16:18.
Old 15 Apr 2016, 11:13 (Ref:3632879)   #770
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
New front end aero for Silverstone, and new rear end later in the year.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...on-livery.html
Old 15 Apr 2016, 13:32 (Ref:3632955)   #771
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old 15 Apr 2016, 16:17 (Ref:3633020)   #772
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
That doesn't work, try this http://www.e-racingmag.com/#!Tech-Up...f2af49d711de9a

From Oliver Webb's twitter

Old 15 Apr 2016, 16:21 (Ref:3633022)   #773
Deleted
Veteran

LOL for a sec I thought I was looking at Audi with that front.

The livery has darkened a bit, too.
Old 15 Apr 2016, 16:40 (Ref:3633031)   #774
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
That doesn't work, try this http://www.e-racingmag.com/#!Tech-Up...f2af49d711de9a

From Oliver Webb's twitter

Not sure if I'm going to be in a minority on this one, but I think that is a beauty!
Old 15 Apr 2016, 17:18 (Ref:3633050)   #775
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nope, i am with you there Hawkwood, gorgeous looking car.