Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Jun 2017, 15:13 (Ref:3746073)   #126
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
sounds like the team will maintain its 'no team orders' policy.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...canada-921320/

looking back this seems like it was more of a controversy in the press then it was an issue for the team.

the team seems perfectly happy with both of its drivers and they seem fine with each other. no quarter asked for and no quarter given...as a fan i have to agree with Perez in that this is something i want to see.

putting their owners aside, with the budget they have and how they go about their business year after year i feel like this is the best run team on the grid.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 17:50 (Ref:3746115)   #127
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Being okay with no team orders is fine, but that block by Sergio was not good in any way.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 18:27 (Ref:3746123)   #128
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
was Perez really that aggressive in his defense though?

imo, we have seen team mates do much worse to one another.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 11:47 (Ref:3747261)   #129
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Force 1 Is The New Team Name

Force 1 to do what?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Jun 2017, 12:04 (Ref:3747267)   #130
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Force 1 Is The New Team Name

Force 1 to do what?
Comeback for JPM? Juan or One
Old 27 Jun 2017, 13:12 (Ref:3747289)   #131
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Not a bad name, but let's hope they continue their good work on track
Old 27 Jun 2017, 14:21 (Ref:3747310)   #132
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Force 1? Boring...
Old 27 Jun 2017, 14:46 (Ref:3747320)   #133
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Force 1 to do what?
Force 1 another off track?
Old 28 Jun 2017, 05:25 (Ref:3747532)   #134
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It the write it as a Roman numeral it will save on rebranding. Just buy so pink gaffer tape.
Old 29 Jun 2017, 07:26 (Ref:3747741)   #135
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Force 1 = F1
Force One-Mercedes = FOM

Nope, can't see it being a problem.
Old 29 Jun 2017, 08:37 (Ref:3747755)   #136
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I think this is another sign of how things have changed now Bernie's gone. He was always very careful to stop anything looking like F1 to avoid confusion over the 'official' F1 brand and I think Force India sailed close to the wind/were very clever to get FI through the net. 'Force One' can easily be abbreviated to 'eff-one'... So, as alluded to above, F1 Mercedes seems to tick a number of boxes!
Old 29 Jun 2017, 09:05 (Ref:3747760)   #137
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes after all Bernie was against the idea of a team calling itself USF1
Old 29 Jun 2017, 09:22 (Ref:3747765)   #138
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Yes after all Bernie was against the idea of a team calling itself USF1
That was just Bernie being an old grump fart. Considering at the time, Renault, Toyota, Williams and Force India all had (and still do), the term 'F1' in their official team names.
Old 29 Jun 2017, 22:02 (Ref:3747852)   #139
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting titbit Ive just read on Autosport. The old Haas team from the '80s was also known as Formula One Race Car Engineering, or FORCE. When that stopped it was bought be Mr Ecclestone.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report...wards-new-name
Old 30 Jun 2017, 14:33 (Ref:3747976)   #140
S griffin
Veteran

They did in fact have a car for 1987, which was shelved when they pulled out
Old 2 Jul 2017, 00:27 (Ref:3748217)   #141
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Force 1 = F1
Force One-Mercedes = FOM

Nope, can't see it being a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Interesting titbit Ive just read on Autosport. The old Haas team from the '80s was also known as Formula One Race Car Engineering, or FORCE. When that stopped it was bought be Mr Ecclestone.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report...wards-new-name
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force_...ility_vehicle)

And this thing, maybe let's back up a step further, SFI.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 09:41 (Ref:3749719)   #142
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
DREADING INDIAN JAILS, VIJAY MALLYA DOESN’T WANT TO COME BACK....http://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/m...w/59498827.cms

Noose is ever so slightly tightening on Mr Mallya.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 20:46 (Ref:3750030)   #143
S griffin
Veteran

It's a shame it came to this, as he has done a brilliant job for the team that was going nowhere before he bought them. But they'll still have the same team they have now to keep them up there
Old 10 Jul 2017, 16:04 (Ref:3750203)   #144
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
certainly a flamboyant team owner but i do wonder exactly how much involvement or credit he deserves for the team's success?

that said, maybe staying out of the way and just supporting those that do the work is what makes him a great owner?
Old 28 Aug 2017, 13:54 (Ref:3762338)   #145
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Following Perez and Ocon's desire to use the same piece of track at the same time in Belgium FI have issued a warning to their drivers that could end up out of
their car for a GP weekend if they try a repeat performance.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/131490
Old 28 Aug 2017, 14:21 (Ref:3762343)   #146
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I think the team management is right to indulge in a bit of the hairdryer treatment - they can't afford to throw away points, especially if the ambition, somewhat grandiose, I admit, is to catch Red Bull for third. Also, Eau Rouge is not a place to be messing about, as Stefan Bellof would tell you if he could.
Old 28 Aug 2017, 19:06 (Ref:3762419)   #147
S griffin
Veteran

They need to be careful, they've been closely matched and been in involved too many incidents, so the team are right to lay down the law
Old 29 Aug 2017, 11:55 (Ref:3762593)   #148
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
They are both clearly hot heads. That is not going to get any better for them i'm afraid.

This is apparently why Perez was replaced at McLaren and why Ocon needs to be careful he doesn't damage his prospects by spouting off all the time. F1 teams don't like drivers like that. See one F. Alonso!
Old 20 Feb 2018, 08:57 (Ref:3802554)   #149
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
David Brabham To Lead Consortium To Buy Force India?

And rebrand it 'Brabham'
Hmmm.... has this anything to do with the above?

David Brabham: "I am immensely proud today to announce the launch of Brabham Automotive - the start of an exciting new chapter for the iconic Brabham name.

"Please follow @brabhamauto to watch the story unfold."

https://www.brabhamautomotive.com/
Old 20 Feb 2018, 10:45 (Ref:3802600)   #150
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Hmmm.... has this anything to do with the above?

David Brabham: "I am immensely proud today to announce the launch of Brabham Automotive - the start of an exciting new chapter for the iconic Brabham name.

"Please follow @brabhamauto to watch the story unfold."

https://www.brabhamautomotive.com/
What happened to his 'Project Brabham'? Anyone 'invest' in that from 10/10?

This is from Oct 17 on their website..

We are still committed to fulfilling all the crowdfunding obligations and subscriptions, which will happen when the investment needed to launch the race team and build the proper Brabham-Digital platform has been secured.
The minor changes to Brabham-Digital.com simply reflect that we are no longer accepting crowdfunding contributions. Great progress has been made towards our objective of bringing Brabham back to racing and, for now, we need a period of focus to make this happen.
David Brabham commented: “I’ve been working to bring the Brabham name back for a long time. The launch of Project Brabham was the catalyst in putting the spotlight back on this iconic brand with over 69 years of unrivalled racing heritage. Our crowdfunding campaign broke records and helped to prove the worldwide passion behind the brand and unique Brabham-Digital concept.
“For a number reasons, it has taken longer than we had hoped to secure the investment required to build the team and Brabham-Digital experiences. It’s nothing new for Brabham to try something new and there is no blueprint for what we are trying to achieve. We continue to evaluate key opportunities that will bring Brabham back to the global stage.

Tags
diageo, force india, formula 1